Author Topic: What are you watching now?...2024  (Read 12634 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: What are you watching now?...2024
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2024, 10:49:13 pm »
This weekend:
The Visual Bible Series: The Gospel of John (2003):
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377992/

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2024, 02:24:18 am »
In order to escape the Obama scheme of injecting homosexuality into every Netflix movie script, have become somewhat addicted to their DOCUMENTARY category.

Watched a six episode yesterday...the title is unimportant here...where the police knew in the first 20 minutes who the murderer/rapist/drug dealer was, yet continued to build evidence to have in a courtroom trial.

It could have ended in sixty minutes if a detective simply took the son-of-a-bitch to "The Train Station", aka a hole in the desert.

Some people just need killing.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2024, 05:19:47 pm »
Unfrosted - Netflix

Written, directed and produced by Jerry Seinfeld. Drops Friday May 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lqRPUhPfho
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2024, 11:30:28 am »
I have been watching old episodes of Night Gallery on You Tube. They're really good albeit a little scary. I think I like the Twilight Zone better

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2024, 10:19:28 pm »
Tonight...

Maybe another episode of The Gabby Hayes Show from around 1953.
Yer dern tootin' !!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2024, 02:20:17 am »
Tonight...

Maybe another episode of The Gabby Hayes Show from around 1953.
Yer dern tootin' !!
I read a bio of Hayes and unbelievably he declared that he hated westerns. He was quoted as saying that they were all the same with limited plots.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2024, 02:23:24 am »
I read a bio of Hayes and unbelievably he declared that he hated westerns. He was quoted as saying that they were all the same with limited plots.

My problem with the Westerns...every movie since the 50's...nobody ever shoots the horses, the easiest way to put the attacker on the defense.    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2024, 01:29:02 pm »
We've recently started watching reruns of "Frasier" at night on COZI TV (we get it via dish). Some of those episodes are hilarious and very clever.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2024, 03:19:15 pm »
My problem with the Westerns...every movie since the 50's...nobody ever shoots the horses, the easiest way to put the attacker on the defense.    happy77
Well, obviously there are numerous holes with many Westerns. I used to yell at the tv or movie screen when during a gun battle, the good guys would leave the bad guy's, who'd just been shot, guns around instead of picking them up and having extra firearms/ammo to fight the rest of the bad guys.
Virtually the end of every Lone Ranger episode had the Lone Ranger punching out the bad guy while many times he had both of his six guns in their holsters.
Of course, the Lone Ranger never shot and killed anybody in any of the hundreds of Lone Ranger episodes. He just shot the guns out of their hands. Which was, of course, a ridiculous common plot element of thousands of westerns.
 As was the quick draw, fast gun, shoot from the hip character. The stereotype fast gun duel of countless westerns was mostly of figment of western screenwriters imaginations. One of the few instances where it might have been true was the Wild Bill Hickok-Dave Tutt gun battle in 1865 in Springfield, Missouri.
 I've read several accounts of that shootout one which claimed it was a real fast draw duel and a different one where they both had their guns out looking for the other guy. At any rate, the fast draw duel was a staple of innumerable tv and movie westerns.
Nevertheless, I still love the old tv and movie westerns. Just watched "Winchester 73" with Jimmy Stewart and Steven McNally for the umpteenth time yesterday.
BTW, "Winchester 73" had a scene where after an Indian battle, Jimmy Stewart told cavalry captain J.C. Flippen to collect the repeating rifles of the attacking Indians who had been shot and killed and lying on the battlefield. That's the only time I've ever seen that happen in any Western I've ever watched.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2024, 05:47:58 pm »
Battlestar Galactica 04 is on Prime.

Online corbe

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2024, 08:24:42 pm »
   I've decided I'm gonna watch a Trump Cult Movie (TCM) for the umpteenth time this afternoon:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2024, 09:10:48 pm »

I dunno...I see lots of the more modern westerns where the horses are fake shot. True Grit.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2024, 09:13:44 pm »
   I've decided I'm gonna watch a Trump Cult Movie (TCM) for the umpteenth time this afternoon:

What a fabulous choice!  :whistle:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline berdie

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2024, 09:17:09 pm »
We've recently started watching reruns of "Frasier" at night on COZI TV (we get it via dish). Some of those episodes are hilarious and very clever.

I have really enjoyed the "Frasier" reruns. What surprised me was that Grammar was almost the straight man in those episodes setting up the Dad and brother for the funny lines. I haven't seen the new Frazier since it's a streaming event.

In fact, as of last week, my Dish remote is dead (new one on the way) so all I can watch is channel 4 (local Fox). It reminds me of how useless today's programming is.