General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

What are you watching now?...2024

<< < (13/25) > >>

Fishrrman:
This weekend:
The Apostle Paul.

Hoodat:
Anybody here seen '3 Body Problem'?  I watched the first two episodes, but now I can't get access.  It reminded me of Ender's Game.

Sighlass:
Manon of the Spring (1986)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtrr9Nt8Fg

Rating 9/10

I think this is a continuation of a previous movie .... About how her father (the hunchback) was robbed... memory serves me in that it was a great movie too.

Edit: Here is the first movie.... it was also great....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gTqgd5GQoQ

berdie:
I am usually not a fan of remakes. And I am a John Wayne fan and True Grit purist. But since I really like Jeff Bridges, I made an exception and watched the True Grit remake. I must admit I was pleased and impressed. It actually superseded the original. I hope I don't lose my We John Wayne credentials over this transgression. happy77

And for an encore, I started watching Lonesome Dove. Haven't seen it in years . So very well done! Episodes 3 and 4 tonight. I'm looking forward to it. Although I've read the book and seen the series before, I remember the premise but have forgotten so many details. I may have to reread the book as well.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: berdie on April 15, 2024, 10:07:23 pm ---I am usually not a fan of remakes. And I am a John Wayne fan and True Grit purist. But since I really like Jeff Bridges, I made an exception and watched the True Grit remake. I must admit I was pleased and impressed. It actually superseded the original. I hope I don't lose my We John Wayne credentials over this transgression. happy77

--- End quote ---

I will agree. At least a well done remake, honoring the original...

--- Quote ---And for an encore, I started watching Lonesome Dove. Haven't seen it in years . So very well done! Episodes 3 and 4 tonight. I'm looking forward to it. Although I've read the book and seen the series before, I remember the premise but have forgotten so many details. I may have to reread the book as well.

--- End quote ---

Funny you should say that... I dang near clicked on it the other night... Guess I will next time I'm looking. It's been a long time, but it is one of my favorites.  :beer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version