Author Topic: Crews continue search for missing airman nearly a month after Osprey crash in Japan  (Read 167 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Crews continue search for missing airman nearly a month after Osprey crash in Japan
By ALEX WILSON
STARS AND STRIPES • December 29, 2023

U.S. and Japanese crews continue to search for the remains of the last crew member killed when an Air Force CV-22B Osprey crashed off the coast of southwestern Japan last month, the Air Force said recently.

Divers searched the waters around Yakushima, an island just south of Kyushu, the southernmost of Japan’s four main islands, for the remains of Maj. Eric Spendlove, 36, of St. George, Utah, Air Force Special Operations Command said in a Facebook post Wednesday.

“Locating and recovering our eighth Airman remains the primary effort,” the command wrote.

Salvage teams meanwhile are working to recover the tiltrotor aircraft, according to several Air Force Special Operations Command news releases.

https://www.stripes.com/branches/air_force/2023-12-29/osprey-air-force-japan-search-airman-spendlove-12495033.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson