Author Topic: U.S. Navy Helo Crews Kill Houthi Assault Boat Teams After Red Sea Attack  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Navy Helo Crews Kill Houthi Assault Boat Teams After Red Sea Attack
SAM LAGRONE
DECEMBER 31, 2023 5:43 AM - UPDATED: DECEMBER 31, 2023 11:57 AM

This post has been updated with a statement from the Houthis

Ten Houthi fighters are dead after attempted attacks on U.S. Navy forces and a merchant ship in the Red Sea, U.S. Central Command announced early Sunday morning.

The Houthis, embarking from Yemen, were attempting to seize MV Maersk Hangzhou and approached the container ship in four small boats.

“The small boats, originating from Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen, fired crew served and small arms weapons at the MAERSK HANGZHOU, getting to within 20 meters of the vessel, and attempted to board the vessel,” reads the statement.

Helicopters from destroyer USS Gravely (DDG-107) and aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) responded to a distress call from the Singapore-flagged merchant ship and came under fire from the Houthi attackers, reads the statement from CENTCOM.

https://news.usni.org/2023/12/31/u-s-navy-helo-crews-kill-houthi-assault-boat-teams-after-red-sea-attack
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: U.S. Navy Helo Crews Kill Houthi Assault Boat Teams After Red Sea Attack
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 02:16:09 pm »
10 more "martyrs!"  I hope they're happy for eternity!. :3:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson