Author Topic: DHS Secretary Mayorkas roundly mocked after floating yet another absurd euphemism for illegal immigr  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS Secretary Mayorkas roundly mocked after floating yet another absurd euphemism for illegal immigration
LEON WOLF
DECEMBER 31, 2023
Over the last several years, liberals have been casting about seeking a term for immigrants who enter the country illegally that does not mention the fact that such people are guilty of illegal immigration. At various times, "undocumented immigrant," "asylum seekers," "migrants," and others have enjoyed their day in the sun. Now the government official charged with stopping illegal immigration is floating a new term, but the early returns suggest that this one may not be around long.

In a Saturday tweet that implausibly celebrated the government's efforts at restricting illegal immigration, DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas claimed that the government is cracking down on what he called "irregular migration," by which he apparently meant illegal immigration.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/dhs-secretary-mayorkas-roundly-mocked-after-floating-yet-another-absurd-euphemism-for-illegal-immigration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson