General Category > General Discussion

Obituaries for 2024

<< < (54/59) > >>

Gefn:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on May 17, 2024, 10:44:30 pm ---Dabney Coleman, ‘9 to 5’ Star Who Made a Career Out of Playing Jerks, Dies at 92

The Texas native got laughs for his boorish behavior in 'Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman,' 'Tootsie,' 'Buffalo Bill' and much more.
May 17, 2024 2:27pm

Dabney Coleman, the popular comic actor from 9 to 5, Tootsie and Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman whose many redeeming qualities including a knack for portraying characters who had none, has died. He was 92.

Coleman died Thursday at his home in Santa Monica, his daughter, singer Quincy Coleman, told The Hollywood Reporter.

“My father crafted his time here on Earth with a curious mind, a generous heart and a soul on fire with passion, desire and humor that tickled the funny bone of humanity,” she said. “As he lived, he moved through this final act of his life with elegance, excellence and mastery.

more
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/dabney-coleman-dead-9-to-5-mary-hartman-tootsie-1235902521/

--- End quote ---

just saw this liked him in 9 to 5

jmyrlefuller:
Coleman is legendary in Western New York for playing the lead in the famously "cancelled too soon" sitcom Buffalo Bill.

Of course, I remember him better for his role as the principal in Recess, one of the last of the Saturday morning cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MooI4dlcAag

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Timber Rattler on May 13, 2024, 10:01:41 pm ---Corman's movies were cheap and cheezy but cool!!!  I'll take any of them over the dreck being produced in Hollywood today.

--- End quote ---
Yep!

R.I.P. Mr. Corman, and thanks for all the Drive-in fare back in the day!

AllThatJazzZ:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on May 17, 2024, 10:44:30 pm ---Dabney Coleman, ‘9 to 5’ Star Who Made a Career Out of Playing Jerks, Dies at 92

“My father crafted his time here on Earth with a curious mind, a generous heart and a soul on fire with passion, desire and humor that tickled the funny bone of humanity,” she said. “As he lived, he moved through this final act of his life with elegance, excellence and mastery.

--- End quote ---

If his daughter isn't a writer, she should be.

Smokin Joe:
RIP Mr Coleman. Thanks for all the parts you played and the entertainment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version