Author Topic: Obituaries for 2024  (Read 22728 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Obituaries for 2024
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2024, 02:42:36 am »
Prayers up for her family and loved ones. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2024, 02:51:53 am »
Can't wait for the LSM to opine on this.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2024, 03:44:53 am »
:amen:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2024, 03:51:51 am »
Joining others in praying for Mrs Trump and her family.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2024, 04:10:52 am »
So Donald is about the same age as his mother in law....geez.

:pondering:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2024, 05:33:05 am »
I guess Mr. Trump won't be attending his Fox News Town Hall tomorrow.  Condolences to the family.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2024, 04:53:53 pm »
Prayers up for former FLOTUS and family.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2024, 12:04:10 pm »
:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2024, 03:16:36 pm »
So Donald is about the same age as his mother in law....geez.

@Jack Russell

My husband and mother were the same age as well. Apparently you don't approve.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2024, 03:23:31 pm »
I guess Mr. Trump won't be attending his Fox News Town Hall tomorrow.  Condolences to the family.

He did attend.  How many of you would make public appearances the day after your mother or father in law died?   :pondering:

Just asking.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2024, 04:20:24 pm »
Ahem.  :judge:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2024, 05:19:41 pm »
Joyce Randolph, who starred in the 1955 sitcom “The Honeymooners,” has died. She was 99.

Randolph reportedly died peacefully Saturday in her sleep in her New York City home due to the effects of old age, her son told TMZ.

According to the outlet, the last surviving member of the hit television show had been in hospice care at the time of her death and was unable to walk.

The Michigan native, who was born in 1924, got her acting start when she moved to New York City in 1950 to star in a Broadway show called “Ladies Night in a Turkish Bath” before moving into TV.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/14/entertainment/joyce-randolph-honeymooners-star-dead-at-99/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2024, 05:26:55 pm »
Joyce Randolph, who starred in the 1955 sitcom “The Honeymooners,” has died. She was 99.

Randolph reportedly died peacefully Saturday in her sleep in her New York City home due to the effects of old age, her son told TMZ.

According to the outlet, the last surviving member of the hit television show had been in hospice care at the time of her death and was unable to walk.

The Michigan native, who was born in 1924, got her acting start when she moved to New York City in 1950 to star in a Broadway show called “Ladies Night in a Turkish Bath” before moving into TV.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/14/entertainment/joyce-randolph-honeymooners-star-dead-at-99/

Rest in Peace Trixie. Thank you for the laughs.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2024, 02:47:09 am »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2024, 02:54:36 am »
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2024, 02:58:32 am »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2024, 01:36:27 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2024, 07:24:02 pm »
 Dexter Scott King, the younger son of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King, has died after battling prostate cancer.
Dexter Scott King, son of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., dies of cancer at 62
Dexter King was an attorney focused on shepherding his father’s legacy while protecting the King family’s intellectual property
By The Associated Press (via NBC Boston)   • Published 14 mins ago   • Updated 10 mins ago   

Dexter Scott King, the younger son of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King, died Monday after battling prostate cancer.

The King Center in Atlanta, which Dexter King served as chairman, said the 62-year-old son of the civil rights icon died at his home in Malibu, Calif. His wife, Leah Weber King, said in a statement that he died “peacefully in his sleep.”

The third of the Kings' four children, Dexter King was named for the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church in Montgomery, Ala., where his father first served as a pastor. He was just 7 years old when his father was assassinated in 1968.

As an adult, Dexter King became an attorney and focused on shepherding his father’s legacy and protecting the King family’s intellectual property. In addition to serving as chairman of the King Center, he was also president of the King estate. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2024, 09:00:56 pm »
Classical music satirist Peter Schickele, a.k.a. P.D.Q. Bach, dies at 88

https://deadline.com/2024/01/peter-schickele-dead-p-d-q-bach-parodist-film-broadway-composer-was-88-obituary-1235795823/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzXoVo16pTg

This was hilarious. I'm sorry I didn't discover it before now. Thanks for the video, @jmyrlefuller. Prayers for his loved ones.

P.S. I hadn't seen nor thought about Giff Nielson for years. I wasn't even sure that he was still alive. For anyone interested, he is.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2024, 12:01:08 am »
This was hilarious. I'm sorry I didn't discover it before now. Thanks for the video, @jmyrlefuller. Prayers for his loved ones.

P.S. I hadn't seen nor thought about Giff Nielson for years. I wasn't even sure that he was still alive. For anyone interested, he is.
Nielson, son of Schmielson?

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2024, 12:01:15 am »
Warriors assistant coach dies of heart attack at age 46.
Golden State Warriors assistant coach Dejan Milojević dies at 46
David Close
By David Close and Amy Woodyatt, CNN
Updated 11:32 AM EST, Thu January 18, 2024

Golden State Warriors assistant coach Dejan Milojević died Wednesday morning after suffering a heart attack, according to the team. He was 46.

Milojević was hired by the Warriors in 2021 and was in his third season as part of head coach Steve Kerr’s coaching staff.

The Warriors said Milojević suffered the heart attack at a private team dinner on Tuesday night in Salt Lake City. He was then transported to a local hospital but passed away Wednesday “despite life-saving efforts,” according to the team.  ...

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1749580887702843458
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2024, 12:53:26 am »
Norman Jewison, ‘Moonstruck’ and ‘In the Heat of the Night’ Director, Dies at 97

Oscar-nominated film director and producer Norman Jewison, who steered the 1967 racial drama “In the Heat of the Night” to a best picture Oscar and also helmed such popular films as “Moonstruck,” “The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming” and “The Thomas Crown Affair,” as well as film musicals “Fiddler on the Roof” and “Jesus Christ Superstar,” died Saturday at his Los Angeles residence. He was 97.

His film career began with fluffy Doris Day comedies like “The Thrill of It All.” But Jewison’s social conscience began to surface with “In the Heat of the Night” and, later, the labor union drama “F.I.S.T.” and other films focusing on racial tensions such as “A Soldier’s Story” and “The Landlord” (the latter of which he only produced), though he never abandoned comedies and romances.

https://variety.com/2024/film/obituaries-people-news/norman-jewison-dead-moonstruck-in-the-heat-of-the-night-1235882301/

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2024, 12:57:04 am »
Nielson, son of Schmielson?

@Smokin Joe

No, backup quarterback to Dan Pastorini and Kenny Stabler for the Houston Oilers. Timeframe: late 70s early 80s.

Now I'm going to go listen to "Coconut" because it's fun to sing along with.   :cool: