General Category > General Discussion

Obituaries for 2024

<< < (49/62) > >>

AllThatJazzZ:

--- Quote from: jmyrlefuller on April 20, 2024, 10:59:42 pm ---Roman Gabriel, former star QB of the LA Rams and College Football Hall of Famer, dies at 83

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/roman-gabriel-former-nc-state-and-pro-quarterback-who-was-the-ap-nfl-mvp-in-1969-dies-at-83

--- End quote ---

I assumed he'd passed on. I'm feeling really old now. :shrug: Prayers for his loved ones.

mountaineer:
Terry Anderson, reporter held hostage in Lebanon for 7 years, dead at 76
By Associated Press   via NY Post
Published April 21, 2024, 6:27 p.m. ET

Terry Anderson, the globe-trotting Associated Press correspondent who became one of America’s longest-held hostages after he was snatched from a street in war-torn Lebanon in 1985 and held for nearly seven years, has died at 76.

Anderson, who chronicled his abduction and torturous imprisonment by Islamic militants in his best-selling 1993 memoir “Den of Lions,” died on Sunday at his home in Greenwood Lake, New York, said his daughter, Sulome Anderson.

The cause of death was unknown, though his daughter said Anderson recently had heart surgery. ...

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on April 21, 2024, 10:38:23 pm --- Terry Anderson, reporter held hostage in Lebanon for 7 years, dead at 76
By Associated Press   via NY Post
Published April 21, 2024, 6:27 p.m. ET

Terry Anderson, the globe-trotting Associated Press correspondent who became one of America’s longest-held hostages after he was snatched from a street in war-torn Lebanon in 1985 and held for nearly seven years, has died at 76.

Anderson, who chronicled his abduction and torturous imprisonment by Islamic militants in his best-selling 1993 memoir “Den of Lions,” died on Sunday at his home in Greenwood Lake, New York, said his daughter, Sulome Anderson.

The cause of death was unknown, though his daughter said Anderson recently had heart surgery. ...

--- End quote ---
RIP.  Wonder how he felt about the AP today.   Just wondering....

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on April 22, 2024, 02:29:46 am ---RIP.  Wonder how he felt about the AP today.   Just wondering....

--- End quote ---

Did they keep him on payroll for those seven years?

verga:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on April 11, 2024, 02:44:30 pm ---O.J. Simpson
@TheRealOJ32
·
15m
On April 10th, our father, Orenthal James Simpson, succumbed to his battle with cancer.

He was surrounded by his children and grandchildren.

During this time of transition, his family asks that you please respect their wishes for privacy and grace.

-The Simpson Family

--- End quote ---
Back in the day the Buffalo Bills would hold open practices at one of the local colleges. There would be about a 100 kids there watching. O. J. would be one of the few that stayed until every kids that got an autograph got one. Adult me was devastated when the news broke. I did not want to believe it. NEVER meet your heroes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version