Author Topic: Military hypothermia and frostbite decline as cold-weather ops ramp up  (Read 235 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military hypothermia and frostbite decline as cold-weather ops ramp up
By Hope Hodge Seck
 Thursday, Dec 28

With the establishment of a new Pentagon office for Arctic and global resilience and new service-level emphasis on training in cold regions, U.S. military operations in the snow and ice are decidedly in the spotlight.

But even as more troops participate in cold-weather training, injuries associated with the cold are on the way down.

A new survey published in the November version of the Medical Surveillance Monthly Report shows that cold-weather injuries across the services dropped more than 15% between winter 2021–2022 and the 2022–2023 cold season.

While that drop is especially notable, data shows that cold injuries such as frostbite and hypothermia have been decreasing since 2020 for the Army and the Marine Corps, the services with the highest numbers of cold-injury rates.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/12/28/military-hypothermia-and-frostbite-decline-as-cold-weather-ops-ramp-up/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson