Author Topic: Smart Phone Smuggling: Mexican cartels using apps to sneak immigrants into U.S.  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Smart Phone Smuggling: Mexican cartels using apps to sneak immigrants into U.S.
According to Arizona officials, Mexican cartels get American citizens to help smuggle migrants into the U.S. and pay them for it.

Art Del Cueto explains how single, military-age males come prepared to the southern border
National Border Patrol Council Vice President Art Del Cueto says the majority of immigrants crossing the southern border are single, military-age males who bring laminated documents for asylum processing. "They’re just coming across, they realize that they’re just going to get released. They’re not going to get detained,” Del Cueto says. “And who’s making out? It’s the drug cartels.”

By Charlotte Hazard
Published: December 30, 2023 11:40pm

Updated: December 31, 2023 11:39am

As migrants pour into the U.S. illegally, Mexican cartels are using smartphones to facilitate their smuggling, making payments to drivers and manipulating the Customs and Border Protection app to get more people in.

The CBP One app allows entrants to the United States to schedule appointments to appear at U.S. ports of entry.

Ostensibly, its users must be in northern Mexico to schedule an appointment, though reporting from the Washington Examiner suggested that users have turned to virtual private networks (VPN) to evade the geographic requirements.

https://justthenews.com/government/security/wkd-mexican-cartels-continue-use-apps-smuggle-migrants-us
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson