Author Topic: MLB great Steve Garvey looks to revive 'heartbeat' of California 'for all the people' with Senate ru  (Read 198 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MLB great Steve Garvey looks to revive 'heartbeat' of California 'for all the people' with Senate run
'I'm running for all the people, and my opponents can't say that,' Garvey told Fox News Digital
By Kyle Morris Fox News
Published December 31, 2023 4:00am EST

California Senate candidate and baseball legend Steve Garvey, who helped the Los Angeles Dodgers win the World Series in 1981, is looking to bring stability to a "dysfunctional Washington" and is brushing off his opposition in his mission to do that.

Garvey, in an interview with Fox News Digital, outlined why he entered the race as a Republican candidate and dismissed opponents in the race who he said only want to represent half of the state.

"Earlier this year, I wondered, 'Let's see who I can get behind in California that I can support, that had my values and my commitment to this country,' and I couldn't find anybody. You know how strongly liberal [California has become] over the years and generations," the Major League Baseball great recalled.

"I woke up one morning and decided to see if there's a pathway to run for the U.S. Senate."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mlb-great-steve-garvey-looks-revive-heartbeat-california-people-senate-run
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34