Author Topic: Watchdog names Office of Congressional Ethics as 'Top Ethics Violator of 2023'  (Read 265 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Washington Examiner
Saturday, December 30, 2023
ETHICS
Watchdog names Office of Congressional Ethics as 'Top Ethics Violator of 2023'
by Brady Knox, Breaking News Reporter
 December 29, 2023 02:49 PM

A government watchdog has named the Office of Congressional Ethics its "Top Ethics Violator of 2023."

The Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust, which is right-leaning, identified the repeated failure of the OCE to act on violations of ethics rules, particularly the usage of government resources for political campaigning, as the reason for the award.

“The Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) has failed in its duty to hold Members of Congress accountable," FACT Executive Director Kendra Arnold said. "Its complete inaction in numerous cases of Members abusing official taxpayer-funded resources for political purposes functions as an endorsement of violating basic ethics rules — and it's simply not too much to ask for enforcement when violations openly appear in places as public as social media platforms. The OCE’s continued failure to act will only result in further erosion of public trust in Congress and those bodies intended to hold them accountable."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/watchdog-office-congressional-ethics-ethics-violator-2023
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
With Joe Biden corrupting everything under his ultra busy domain.  Clearly everything he does is better than anything Trump did or could do!  3 years of shameless shame,when the wicked and fools rule!
 :dumpster: :dumpster: :dumpster:
Was Joe demented or just the willing fools that were glad to march to any sociopath liar? ? ?  We know how that went by now, don't we!
The wide broad path gladly marching to desolation, destruction, HELL.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions