Author Topic: Military quality of life a key focus of Congress in 2024  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military quality of life a key focus of Congress in 2024
« on: December 30, 2023, 03:16:42 pm »
Military quality of life a key focus of Congress in 2024
By Leo Shane III
 Dec 29, 01:17 PM

Lawmakers on the House Armed Services Committee’s special military quality of life panel hope to have a slate of recommendations on new housing, daycare and support programs by the start of February.

After that, it’ll be up to the rest of the committee to turn them into law.

The quality of life panel — led by Rep. Don Bacon, R-Neb., and Rep. Chrissy Houlahan, D-Pa. — was formed in early 2023 as a way to evaluate military policies and shortfalls that may be discouraging individuals from reenlisting.

Over the last nine months, the panel held a host of roundtables with Pentagon leaders, military families and outside advocates on ways to address those concerns. That included a briefing in late November on base daycare options.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2023/12/29/military-quality-of-life-a-key-focus-of-congress-in-2024/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Military quality of life a key focus of Congress in 2024
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 03:19:19 pm »
Is congress so arrogant they believe people who have never experienced military life are somehow capable of deciding what quality of life for the military is good? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson