Author Topic: Axelrod says he thinks it ‘would rip the country apart’ if Trump were prevented from running  (Read 1860 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Axelrod says he thinks it ‘would rip the country apart’ if Trump were prevented from running
by Nick Robertson - 12/30/23 8:36 AM ET

Former Obama adviser David Axelrod warned Friday that a court decision removing former President Trump from the primary ballot “would rip the country apart” as legal questions mount over his candidate qualifications.

Maine’s secretary of state determined this week that Trump should be barred from the primary ballot, citing his conduct surrounding the Jan. 6 Capitol riots as violating the 14th Amendment “insurrection clause.”

“I have very, very strong reservations about all of this,” Axelrod said in an “Erin Burnett OutFront” interview on CNN. “I do think it would rip the country apart if he were actually prevented from running because tens of millions of people want to vote for him.”

“I think if you’re going to beat Donald Trump, you’re going to probably have to do it at the polls,” he continued.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4382539-axelrod-it-would-rip-country-apart-if-trump-prevented-running/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
People talk about acting on this, but in fact very very few would lift a finger in outrage.  IMHO

Yep, the bulk of most of the patirots are old like a bunch of guys like us here.  Don't think Bio-flex Brigade would get much traction, given our aches and pains.  The young generation has their thumbs surgically attached to their I-Phones.  I don't expect much from them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
People talk about acting on this, but in fact very very few would lift a finger in outrage.  IMHO
Well taking into account that the majority of those outraged would probably White conservatives there is no doubt how they would be treated vs the Black militant masses, all one has to do is look at the Jan 6 political prisoners.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Well taking into account that the majority of those outraged would probably White conservatives there is no doubt how they would be treated vs the Black militant masses, all one has to do is look at the Jan 6 political prisoners.

Throwing and keeping J6 captives in the DC gulag has done more to nullify the Constitutional right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances than any amendment to the 1st Amendment ever could.

Online Hoodat

Axelrod and his ilk are relying on Trump being the GOP nominee.   It is the only chance the Dems have of winning.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Axelrod and his ilk are relying on Trump being the GOP nominee.   It is the only chance the Dems have of winning.

It doesn't matter how the GOP nominee is. The DEMS will still yet another election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Yep, the bulk of most of the patirots are old like a bunch of guys like us here.  Don't think Bio-flex Brigade would get much traction, given our aches and pains.  The young generation has their thumbs surgically attached to their I-Phones. I don't expect much from them.

Just wait... The carpal tunnel will kick in early with that bunch... A whole generation of humans without the use of thumbs. That don't sound like advancement to me... :whistle:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Axelrod is a leftist hack, but that doesn't mean he's stupid.

Offline LMAO

Axelrod is a leftist hack, but that doesn't mean he's stupid.

Unlike Maine’s Sec of State  who is both a left wing hack and stupid
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

I’m wondering how much of this is to make sure he is the nominee? This idiot from Maine along with the Colorado Supreme Court, have to know that this is going to be shot down. But they know the more they do this shit, the more Trump supporters are driven to his side , and will more likely make him the nominee, were he will probably go on lose the general election

Without Trump, the Democrats have nothing to run on that inspires  people to come out and vote for them. And they know this.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

I’m wondering how much of this is to make sure he is the nominee? This idiot from Maine along with the Colorado Supreme Court, have to know that this is going to be shot down. But they know the more they do this shit, the more Trump supporters are driven to his side , and will more likely make him the nominee, were he will probably go on lose the general election

Without Trump, the Democrats have nothing to run on that inspires  people to come out and vote for them. And they know this.

I think this ain't too far from the truth. There is no need in these places... Tumpy won't win them anyway. So the only reason that can be is to foment the opposition and/or align one's own.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think this ain't too far from the truth. There is no need in these places... Tumpy won't win them anyway. So the only reason that can be is to foment the opposition and/or align one's own.

Can we agree that Axelrod is a sneaky little shit who loves dirty tricks like this?  This is just his hypocrisy on display, and leftists breath this stuff like air.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Can we agree that Axelrod is a sneaky little shit who loves dirty tricks like this?  This is just his hypocrisy on display, and leftists breath this stuff like air.

Well sure. That much is always true, and hardly bears mention because of it.   happy77

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If Red states retaliate and SCOTUS doesn't shut it down, it could definitely get out of hand.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

There's a reason why they call the GOP 'The Stupid Party'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-