Author Topic: Biden Warns US Military May Get Pulled Into Direct Conflict With Russia  (Read 263 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Warns US Military May Get Pulled Into Direct Conflict With Russia
Story by Kaitlin Lewis  •
19h

President Joe Biden warned that the United States is at risk of being pulled into a direct conflict with Russia if the Kremlin succeeds in its war against Ukraine.

Biden's statement follows Russia's massive aerial attack across Ukraine on Friday. Kyiv air force officials said that about 110 missiles struck Ukraine, hitting hospitals, residential buildings and a shopping center. At least 31 citizens were killed in the attack and another 120 wounded, according to Ukraine officials cited by Reuters.

"Overnight, Russia launched its largest aerial assault on Ukraine since this war began," Biden said in a statement released Friday. "It is a stark reminder to the world that, after nearly two years of this devastating war, Putin's objective remains unchanged. He seeks to obliterate Ukraine and subjugate its people. He must be stopped."

The 22-month-long war has raised tensions between Russia and members of the NATO alliance, who have supported Ukraine's fight through billions of dollars in military aid and weaponry. Support for Kyiv, however, has started to waver in countries like the U.S., where Republican lawmakers have blocked sending additional funding to Ukraine unless a deal can be reached that also boosts aid for America's immigration system.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/biden-warns-us-military-may-get-pulled-into-direct-conflict-with-russia/ar-AA1md9yH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e08e6b2d15484eefa7f5aa557b4d3356&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden Warns US Military May Get Pulled Into Direct Conflict With Russia
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 01:52:32 pm »
Putin knows what hideous fate awaits Russia if they mess with our most excellent woke, short staffed, poorly maintained, eco-friendly, poorly repaired, oil reserve short military! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Re: Biden Warns US Military May Get Pulled Into Direct Conflict With Russia
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 02:15:03 pm »
"Pulled in"? Isn't Biden actually pushing this?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org