Author Topic: Immigrant Advocates Say Asylum Seekers Suffer "Intentional Cruelty" at US-Mexico Border  (Read 298 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Immigrant Advocates Say Asylum Seekers Suffer "Intentional Cruelty" at US-Mexico Border
Story by GistFest  •
21h

Volunteers are raising their voices to call attention to the dire conditions of migrants at the US-Mexico border. Theresa Cheng is one such volunteer attending to border medical emergencies.

During an interview with a media outlet, Cheng painted an emotional picture of the daily trends in the migrant camps. She explained that some asylum seekers called her attention to a bleeding 13-year-old boy. She rushed to the scene and tried to perform CPR to keep the boy’s heart pumping. Along the line, another volunteer called 911.

To give perspective to how long it takes an ambulance to arrive, Cheng tired out while performing the CPR. Another migrant had to assist during the roughly 60-minute wait. By the time the emergency medical services eventually arrived at the camp, the boy had stopped breathing.
Naturally, Cheng, other volunteers, and the migrants who witnessed the incident were washed with emotions. Most likely, the boy, whose name is Dario Zamudio, would have survived if the ambulance had arrived earlier.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/immigrant-advocates-say-asylum-seekers-suffer-intentional-cruelty-at-us-mexico-border/ar-AA1mck6F?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=81b66e039fae4418ab6524c3ea41b408&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
And Biden never talked with Hunter about his shady business dealings.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson