Author Topic: 5 FBI controversies of 2023 that shook faith in agency  (Read 276 times)

Online corbe

5 FBI controversies of 2023 that shook faith in agency
« on: December 29, 2023, 06:26:45 pm »
5 FBI controversies of 2023 that shook faith in agency

Federal whistleblower and former FBI agent Kyle Seraphin said retired agents are 'embarrassed' to reveal they once worked for the federal agency

By Brandon Drey Fox News
Published December 29, 2023 4:00am EST

The FBI struggled to maintain its public image this year after new information appeared to contradict past investigations and a band of former federal agents blew the whistle about the bureau's alleged abuse of American civil liberties.

"From the interactions I have, it seems like conservatives either consider the FBI the butt of a cruel joke or an outright threat to American civil liberties," federal whistleblower and former FBI agent Kyle Seraphin told Fox News Digital. "Compared with how that looked three years ago, it feels like a complete nosedive in public confidence."

The bureau became further embroiled in controversy over the last 12 months when Seraphin and other whistleblowers uncovered a number of faulty investigations carried out by different FBI field offices across the United States. With the secret investigations exposed to the public eye, Seraphin said retired agents are "embarrassed" to reveal they once worked for the federal agency.

"That is a sea change," he said.

"Over the last year, the 38,000 men and women of the FBI have worked tirelessly to protect the American people from a wide variety of criminal threats and foreign adversaries," a spokesperson with the FBI told Fox News Digital. "The FBI and our partners made more than 20,000 arrests, which included violent criminals, human traffickers, and child predators, and located more than 2,400 children. We disrupted over 40% more cyber operations and arrested over 60% more cybercriminals than the year before."

<..snip..>

https://www.foxnews.com/us/5-fbi-controversies-of-2023-that-shook-faith-in-agency
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: 5 FBI controversies of 2023 that shook faith in agency
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 06:33:51 pm »
I know it might have come across a little over the top recently when I often reference our FBI as the country's national Gestapo.

But this is a good article showing how far down the rabbit hole this agency has fallen.   IMO.....They are past the damage control phase.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: 5 FBI controversies of 2023 that shook faith in agency
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 07:06:21 pm »
https://www.thedailybeast.com/whitey-bulger-judge-needed-security-after-perceived-threat-from-the-fbi
‘Whitey’ Bulger Judge Needed Security After ‘Perceived Threat’ From the FBI
Judge Mark L. Wolf is campaigning for an International Anti-Corruption Court after experiencing the threat of corruption back home in the U.S.

Nico Hines, World Editor
Updated Dec. 14, 2023 6:03AM EST / Published Dec. 13, 2023 9:06PM EST

The judge who exposed the “Whitey” Bulger scandal has told The Daily Beast that a “perceived threat” from the FBI against his family during the high-profile case has helped to spur on his campaign to create an International Anti-Corruption Court.

Senior District Court Judge Mark L. Wolf said he never felt threatened in years on the bench—despite handling numerous organized crime cases—until he was on the verge of exposing corruption inside the FBI.

Wolf presided over a 1998 hearing into why the FBI had failed to tell prosecutors that James “Whitey” Bulger had been a high-level informant for 15 years. He discovered that the FBI had protected Bulger and his colleague Stephen “the Rifleman” Flemmi from a host of criminal allegations—including murder—so that they could continue to act as Mafia informants. Bulger was even tipped off by his FBI handler ahead of a planned arrest, allowing him to go on the run for 16 years. ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.