Author Topic: California Abandons Effort to Remove Trump From Their 2024 Ballot  (Read 170 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Abandons Effort to Remove Trump From Their 2024 Ballot

Matt Vespa
December 29, 2023 12:35 AM

California and Colorado have formally backed down from their unconstitutional efforts to remove former President Donald Trump from their 2024 ballots. It was a shoddy and illiberal effort from the Left to block Trump, who is the presumptive 2024 Republican nominee. Colorado’s Supreme Court ruled that Trump could be removed based on 14th Amendment grounds. It set off a firestorm, but eventually, the decision was that Trump would stay. Still, California used Colorado’s decision to explore ways to purge Trump from the ballot. Like Colorado, the Golden State also opted to steer clear of this silly fight (via CBS News):

California's secretary of state declined to remove Donald Trump from the presidential primary ballot following demands from her lieutenant governor.

Last week, Dr. Shirley Weber issued a tepid response to Lt. Gov. Eleni Kounalakis' open letter. She did not indicate if she would fulfill Kounalakis's request and said her decision would be guided by her office's "commitment to and respect for the rule of law."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/12/29/california-backs-down-from-removing-trump-from-2024-ballot-n2632967
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

Re: California Abandons Effort to Remove Trump From Their 2024 Ballot
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 07:11:46 pm »
... Because they don't have a single legal leg to stand on. Never did.

:boring: