Author Topic: Democratic mayors renew pleas for federal help, coordination with Texas over migrant crisis  (Read 176 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democratic mayors renew pleas for federal help, coordination with Texas over migrant crisis

By BY SOPHIA TAREEN
Published: Dec. 27, 2023 at 7:45 PM EST
CHICAGO (AP) — The mayors of Chicago, New York City and Denver renewed pleas Wednesday for more federal help and coordination with Texas over the growing number of asylum-seekers arriving in their cities by bus and plane.

The mayors’ requests come as U.S. cities have struggled to manage the increasing number of migrants sent from Texas and other states. Republican Gov. Greg Abbott’s busing operation has transported more than 80,000 migrants to Democratic-led cities since last year. His administration recently stepped up the practice with chartered planes.

The mayors sharply criticized Abbott and the effort, saying buses arrive at all hours and outside designated drop-off zones with no details on who is aboard.

“We cannot allow buses with people needing our help to arrive without warning at any hour of day and night,” New York City Mayor Eric Adams said at a virtual news conference with the other mayors. “This not only prevents us from providing assistance in an orderly way, it puts those who have already suffered in so much in danger.”

https://www.kwtx.com/2023/12/28/democratic-mayors-renew-pleas-federal-help-coordination-with-texas-over-migrant-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This must be disinformation!  These are liberal mayors who obviously love giving to illegals everything that should rightfully be given to Americans in need?  So why are they bellyaching to Biden when he has provided them with the illegals they so desperately want?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson