Author Topic: Habitual drunk driver kills mom, son in high-speed DUI crash on revoked license: Prosecutors  (Read 323 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Habitual drunk driver kills mom, son in high-speed DUI crash on revoked license: Prosecutors
JASON KANDELDec 23rd, 2023, 12:30 pm

A habitual drunken driving offender faces vehicular homicide charges after allegedly killing a mother and her 16-year-old son while on a revoked license at high speeds three times the legal limit in Colorado.

Jose Menjivar, 37, was charged this week in connection with the deaths of Melissa Powell, 46, and her son Riordan, prosecutors said in a news release.

‘Clear and present danger to the public’: Marine out on bail on pending carjacking charge is accused of killing passenger during police chase in stolen military truck

Menjivar was driving a 2000 Toyota Tundra that crashed into a 2016 Mazda CX-5 on Dec. 12 at Main Street and Miramonte Boulevard, near Broomfield High School, according to a news release from the Broomfield Police Department.

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/habitual-drunk-driver-kills-mom-son-in-high-speed-dui-crash-on-revoked-license-prosecutors/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Being Colorado, the DA will probably rule the mother should have had a more crashworthy car and therefore was at fault.   *look*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Interesting website... Dredges of human society all lined up in article after article.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....