Author Topic: An Air Force staff sergeant has been reunited with his best friend for the holidays — and they’ll no  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Retired military K-9 reunites with his former Air Force handler: ‘It’s been a blessing’
By Melissa Rudy, Fox News
Published Dec. 24, 2023, 6:38 a.m. ET

S Air Force Staff Sergeant Mike Alcala and his former military working dog, John, had been separated for over two years. As the 10-year-old German shepherd prepares for retirement, American Humane surprised the dog and his handler with a pre-holiday reunion in San Antonio, Texas.

A US Air Force Service member and his former military working dog have been reunited after being separated for over two years.
American Humane
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY:
Fox News

An Air Force staff sergeant has been reunited with his best friend for the holidays — and they’ll now be together forever.

US Air Force Staff Sergeant Mike Alcala and his former military working dog, John, had been separated for over two years. As the 10-year-old German shepherd prepares for retirement, American Humane surprised the dog and his handler with a pre-holiday reunion in San Antonio, Texas.

During the three years that Alcala was John’s handler, the two formed a strong bond.

They were separated in September 2021 when Alcala was reassigned to another base.

“We worked together every day for the three years I was there, give or take a few days,” Alcala told Fox News Digital.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/24/lifestyle/dog-that-served-our-nation-is-reunited-with-its-former-air-force-handler-its-been-a-blessing/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson