Author Topic: Law Professor Calls Out Harvard: Gay’s Plagiarism Is ‘Not Even A Close Question’  (Read 275 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Law Professor Calls Out Harvard: Gay’s Plagiarism Is ‘Not Even A Close Question’
© Provided by State Of The Union

Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz accused Harvard University of applying double standards, suggesting that President Claudine Gay is being defended due to her status as a “DEI-protected” individual.

He cited a case of a disciplined student to highlight the university’s strict approach to plagiarism for students, contrasting it with the leniency shown towards Gay.

Dershowitz argued that the university’s actions imply a double standard based on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) protection. (Trending: Prominent LGBTQ Activist Arrested Over Disturbing Charges)

“I had a case some years ago where I represented a senior who was applying to medical school, he was dyslexic, and so the school provided him with a secretary under the Americans with Disabilities [Act],” Dershowitz said.

“He submitted a paper, which had handwritten footnotes. But the secretary forgot to put the footnotes in, and he was disciplined.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/law-professor-calls-out-harvard-gay-s-plagiarism-is-not-even-a-close-question/ar-AA1m4ewy?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=6e82160cbdc24fb6b881dfd6b04979ff&ei=27
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

'Rules' are for the other guy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
The biggest thing I remember about papers in Graduate School was the professors being anal-rententive of citations, quotation marks, and reference protocols vs. what was perceived as document content.

And this lady plagerizes to this level?  Has academia fallen that far in 50 years?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

Race, tribe, sex, class supersede merit these days...