Author Topic: Don Jr. puts his dad on notice over buzz of Nikki Haley as VP pick, says he would intervene  (Read 1329 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Don Jr. puts his dad on notice over buzz of Nikki Haley as VP pick, says he would intervene
By Social Links for Ryan King
Published Dec. 26, 2023, 6:34 p.m. ET

Donald Trump Jr. drew a line in the sand for his father in the veepstakes: No Nikki Haley.

The former president’s son threw cold water on the notion that former President Donald Trump would select his former UN ambassador as his running mate. Trump Jr. was adamant about flexing his clout to ensure Haley did not get the position.

“I wouldn’t have her and I would go to great lengths to make sure that that doesn’t happen,” he told Newsmax’s Eric Bolling in a recent interview.

“Nikki Haley wants never-ending wars. She’s a puppet of the establishment in Washington, DC. She’s the new favorite candidate of the billionaire class because they want control— no different than academia and Harvard and using their billions to exercise influence.”

Haley has skyrocketed in 2024 GOP primary polling over recent weeks, coming within four points of Trump in a recent American Research Group survey.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/12/26/news/donald-trump-jr-puts-his-dad-on-notice-over-buzz-of-haley-as-vp-pick/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Good News....

Her addtion, would be the only scenario that I can say with 100.0000% certainty that I wouldn't vote for Trump.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

Sometimes I think Jr. would be a better choice than Sr.
Just sayin'.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Don Jr. puts his dad on notice over buzz of Nikki Haley as VP pick, says he would intervene

So according to Don Jr., his dad is so entrenched with the GOP Swamp that he needs an intervention to ensure he is fully dissuaded from choosing what would otherwise be a normal (Swamp) candidate like Nikki Haley.  What other Swamp candidates does that leave him with?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
So according to Don Jr., his dad is so entrenched with the GOP Swamp that he needs an intervention to ensure he is fully dissuaded from choosing what would otherwise be a normal (Swamp) candidate like Nikki Haley.  What other Swamp candidates does that leave him with?

My wager is on some woman GOP guv up and comer like Noem.  Check the boxes and at least try to throw the conservatives a bone.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Sometimes I think Jr. would be a better choice than Sr.
Just sayin'.

I agree with you, though I'm not much for 'dynasties', I do think at this point he would make a better president than his father, perhaps even VP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

I agree with you, though I'm not much for 'dynasties', I do think at this point he would make a better president than his father, perhaps even VP.
No dynasties, please!

Online roamer_1

My wager is on some woman GOP guv up and comer like Noem.  Check the boxes and at least try to throw the conservatives a bone.

It usually goes the other way... Reagan was only possible with the backing of the elite... Thus GHW Bush...
Since Tumpy is playing the role of 'conservative', he WILL select someone to appease the leftward part of the party.

And the whole thing will swing left again.

That's the deal with the devil. The power players and big money donors hang to the left, and always have. But you need them to get elected.

He will pick someone steady and from the 'middle' who can be seen as a calming influence.
Haley is right up that alley.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It usually goes the other way... Reagan was only possible with the backing of the elite... Thus GHW Bush...
Since Tumpy is playing the role of 'conservative', he WILL select someone to appease the leftward part of the party.

And the whole thing will swing left again.

That's the deal with the devil. The power players and big money donors hang to the left, and always have. But you need them to get elected.

Yes, but when push comes to shove, most of those GOP donors prefer a true conservative to a Democrat, even though they'd prefer the moderate to the conservative.  The other reality is that once someone gets elected President, the donors need them a lot more than they need the donors.  So just because you get money from those donors doesn't mean they own you.  Different story for members of Congress, though.

He will pick someone steady and from the 'middle' who can be seen as a calming influence.
Haley is right up that alley.

Agreed.  But then he isn't really a conservative, so there isn't much of a difference between the two except on foreign policy.

Online roamer_1

Yes, but when push comes to shove, most of those GOP donors prefer a true conservative to a Democrat, even though they'd prefer the moderate to the conservative. 

I would argue that. It used to be so, but the difference between the true left and the liberal wing of the Republicans has always been Corporatism vs. Central Planning.  With liberals invading the corporate world via DEI, that wide gap has become narrow.

Now, I know that DEI is walking dead, but it won't lay down before this election.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I still think Rand Paul would be the best choice for VP.

As for choosing a female -- no way.
I would not trust any woman in government to lead the country.
They simply don't have the intestinal fortitude to do what's needed when the time comes.

And please don't reply with that lady whose name is ALWAYS mentioned when someone raises a complaint like the one above...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

They simply don't have the intestinal fortitude to do what's needed when the time comes.

And please don't reply with that lady whose name is ALWAYS mentioned when someone raises a complaint like the one above...

If the Brits had seen things your way, they might not even be around as a country anymore.

I'd have traded all but maybe 2 American Presidents since 1900 for Margaret Thatcher.  Maybe.  She sure as hell would be light-years better than either of the numbskulls currently favored to win their nominations for the 2024 election.  Both tougher and light-years smarter than either.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 12:05:09 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

This one is for you, @Fishrrman

Ali G interviews Noot:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

That's rather chauvinistic!  As for Rand; he's has too much integrity to align himself with Trump.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Donald Trump is asked again if he would choose Nikki Haley as VP and does not rule it out.

“I actually got along with her very well. As you know, she left at a nice ceremony at the White House — it was very nice. She said terrific things about me.”

https://twitter.com/DeSantisWarRoom/status/1740180062237016081

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Donald Trump is asked again if he would choose Nikki Haley as VP and does not rule it out.

“I actually got along with her very well. As you know, she left at a nice ceremony at the White House — it was very nice. She said terrific things about me.”

Got it.  The prerequisite for VPOTUS is "Saying Terrific Things About Me".

Perfect example of how idiiots have 100% infiltrated our political systems at the highest level.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Got it.  The prerequisite for VPOTUS is "Saying Terrific Things About Me".

Perfect example of how idiiots have 100% infiltrated our political systems at the highest level.

He's so easily manipulated.

Offline libertybele

On second thought @Fishrrman, are you trying to tell me that the recent 'male' presidents have been so wonderful...Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Clinton, Bush, O'Bama, Biden??? ....Get real. Maybe what this country needs right now is a strong conservative female president!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 10:23:19 pm by libertybele »

Offline berdie

On second thought @Fishrrman, are you trying to tell me that the recent 'male' presidents have been so wonderful...Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Clinton, Bush, O'Bama, Biden??? ....Get real. Maybe what this country needs right now is a strong conservative female president!!

Yep, sort of like when Mom walks in and says..."Look what you boys have done to this house." happy77

Online roamer_1

@Fishrrman advises against the mention.... But I would take a Maggie Thatcher any day.
Granted, the quest for power is somewhat foreign to women, so it is, as he says, strange to find.
But when found... Merit is merit.

Offline Hoodat

He will pick whomever Ronna McDaniel recommends.

Online roamer_1

Yup.

Offline libertybele

I'm hoping that somehow she is forced to step down.  She should have been forced out after the DEMS stole the election.