Author Topic: Michigan Supreme Court rejects attempt to ban Trump from 2024 ballot  (Read 295 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michigan Supreme Court rejects attempt to ban Trump from 2024 ballot
by Mabinty Quarshie, National Politics Correspondent
December 27, 2023 08:47 AM

Former President Donald Trump will remain on Michigan's primary ballot after the state's Supreme Court rejected an attempt to use the 14th Amendment's ban against insurrectionists from taking office.

The news comes after Colorado's Supreme Court removed Trump from the primary ballot earlier this month, citing his role in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

This is a breaking news story. Check back for updates

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/michigan-supreme-court-rejects-ban-trump-2024-ballot
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Michigan Supreme Court rejects attempt to ban Trump from 2024 ballot
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 05:09:03 pm »
To be clear, this decision is based only on the fact that this is a primary election in which the courts have no jurisdiction to prevent parties from nominating a candidate.  It does not stand for the proposition that Trump didn't engage in an insurrection, or that he cannot be barred from the general election ballot.

Trump actually is very fortunate that the Colorado court did what it did, because it gives him a chance to challenge directly in the Supreme Court the merits of the insurrection argument comparatively early in the election cycle.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 05:10:21 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 06:46:08 pm »
To be clear, this decision is based only on the fact that this is a primary election in which the courts have no jurisdiction to prevent parties from nominating a candidate.  It does not stand for the proposition that Trump didn't engage in an insurrection, or that he cannot be barred from the general election ballot.

Trump actually is very fortunate that the Colorado court did what it did, because it gives him a chance to challenge directly in the Supreme Court the merits of the insurrection argument comparatively early in the election cycle.

Saw the decison was 3-0 (unanimous) per another article.

I'll still say the CO justices stepped in it, and I hope SCOTUS embarasses the hell out of them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 06:49:33 pm »
Saw the decison was 3-0 (unanimous) per another article.

I'll still say the CO justices stepped in it, and I hope SCOTUS embarasses the hell out of them.
The Colorado Supremes violated the 5th and 14th Amendments by depriving Trump of his place on the ballot, even though he has not been convicted of any crime, thus dropping a deuce on Due Process. They should all be read the riot act. This is an act of sedition.

Who's insurrecting now?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 07:33:03 pm »
I see MI as just as liberal as CO, but they got this right.  CO was just plain wrong.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.