Author Topic: Mysterious SR-72 DarkStar .. Is "Manned" Hypersonic Flight Here?  (Read 696 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mysterious SR-72 DarkStar .. Is "Manned" Hypersonic Flight Here?
« on: December 27, 2023, 02:16:43 pm »

Mysterious SR-72 DarkStar .. Is "Manned" Hypersonic Flight Here?
Can a human being actually survive in a hypersonic stealth jet traveling more than 6-times the speed of sound?
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION18 HOURS AGO
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

Maverick may have flashed across the screen accelerating in a as-of-yet unseen high-speed stealth fighter jet, capturing the attention and imagination of millions of fans.

Yet, was Tom Cruise appearing to travel in his Lockheed DarkStar SR-72 "Son of Blackbird" at unprecedented "hypersonic" speeds. The hollywood portrayal ignited massive amounts of speculation and enthusiasm for the future of manned stealth fighter attack, but how much of what Maverick displayed was, is, or could soon be real?

Is manned hypersonic flight already upon us? Can a human being actually survive in a hypersonic stealth jet traveling more than 6-times the speed of sound?  Perhaps fiction is imitating reality? Or maybe reality will at some point soon replicate fiction?

https://warriormaven.com/air/mysterious-sr-72-darkstar-is-manned-hypersonic-flight-here
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Mysterious SR-72 DarkStar .. Is "Manned" Hypersonic Flight Here?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 09:43:31 pm »
A hypersonic fighter will suffer the same problem that the Me 262 pilots had. Approach will be so fast compared to the target speed (overtaking or head on), they may not have time to shoot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 09:47:24 pm »
A hypersonic fighter will suffer the same problem that the Me 262 pilots had. Approach will be so fast compared to the target speed (overtaking or head on), they may not have time to shoot.

Targeting computers.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 09:48:29 pm »
Targeting computers.
Sensor range. :shrug:

Mach 4 closure speed equals 4501 ft./sec.

From 5 miles out, identify, track, select weapon, lock on, launch. Will the pilot know beforehand what happened?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 09:52:01 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis