Author Topic: Washington’s ‘Ship of Fools’ Delude Themselves About Russia’s Intent  (Read 169 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Washington’s ‘Ship of Fools’ Delude Themselves About Russia’s Intent
Published 12/27/23 06:00 AM ET
Col. (Ret.) Jonathan Sweet and Mark Toth

On Christmas Day, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and his generals sent a strong message with the violent destruction of the Russian naval landing ship Novocherkassk while it was docked in Feodosia, Crimea. The vessel was suspected of carrying Iranian-made drones.

With the hit, Zelenskyy’s messaging was threefold: One, Kyiv has no intention of negotiating away any of its territory, regardless of how many “peace feelers” Russian President Vladimir Putin and the Kremlin may have floated in Washington and Brussels. Two, Ukraine remains intent on militarily retaking the entire Crimean Peninsula. And three, the Ukrainian army will fight on, with or without U.S. military aid and economic support.

While Ukraine continues to push back against Russia, Washington remains at war with itself. Ideally, the Christmas weekend should have brought hope to the Ukrainian people in their fight against Russian aggression. Instead, it became another lost weekend.

https://themessenger.com/opinion/washingtons-ship-of-fools-ukraine-war-russia-putin-congress
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson