Author Topic: Homeless Veterans Surpass 35,000 Under Biden Administration  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Homeless Veterans Surpass 35,000 Under Biden Administration
« on: December 27, 2023, 01:42:09 pm »
Homeless Veterans Surpass 35,000 Under Biden Administration
© Provided by State Of The Union

The number of homeless veterans increased by over seven percent from 2022 to 2023, reaching a total of 35,574, according to a report from the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Advocates believe the actual number may be higher. The Department of Veterans Affairs plans to increase grant programs to prevent homelessness among veterans, acknowledging the impact of housing costs and the end of pandemic-era support.

VA Secretary Denis McDonough emphasized the commitment to ensuring veterans have safe, stable housing.

“One veteran experiencing homelessness will always be one too many, and we will do everything in our power to ensure that veterans get the safe, stable housing that they deserve,” McDonough stated.

“VA will investigate these barriers and do everything in its power to help Veterans overcome them,” the statement read.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/homeless-veterans-surpass-35-000-under-biden-administration/ar-AA1m3YoQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fe716be688d74e3a8e4068ef710a48c4&ei=34
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Homeless Veterans Surpass 35,000 Under Biden Administration
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 01:43:16 pm »
Change their nationalities to Mexican and they'll be living in 5-star hotels tomorrow. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson