Author Topic: Obama shaped CIA to boost his political agenda, hired leftist activists, former agent says  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Obama shaped CIA to boost his political agenda, hired leftist activists, former agent says
The politicization of the non-partisan agency first became an issue in the 1990s, the former official said.

By Madeleine Hubbard
Published: December 26, 2023 11:40am

Former CIA agent John Gentry said that the CIA became politicized under the Obama administration with the hiring of Democratic activists who shifted the intelligence agency leftward.

Gentry, a Georgetown University adjunct professor who served in the CIA from 1978 to 1990, details the agency's political changes in his new book, "Neutering the CIA: Why U.S. Intelligence Versus Trump Has Long-Term Consequences."

The politicization of the non-partisan agency first became an issue in the 1990s under CIA analyst Robert Gates, who later went on to become defense secretary for both George W. Bush and Barack Obama, Gentry says. At the time, Gates ordered reports to be skewed to support elected officials' political narratives, according to The Washington Times.

https://justthenews.com/government/security/obama-shaped-cia-boost-his-political-agenda-hired-leftist-activists-former
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson