Author Topic: Kabul evacuation yields awards for hundreds more mobility airmen  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Kabul evacuation yields awards for hundreds more mobility airmen
« on: December 26, 2023, 03:15:52 pm »
Kabul evacuation yields awards for hundreds more mobility airmen
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Thursday, Dec 21

Distinguished Flying Cross medals are displayed during a ceremony at Travis Air Force Base, California, Dec. 9, 2022. (Heide Couch/Air Force)

Another batch of nearly 300 airmen will receive military awards for their actions during Operation Allies Refuge, the U.S.-led evacuation of civilians from Afghanistan in 2021, the Air Force announced Wednesday.

The latest round of medals includes 12 Distinguished Flying Crosses, the Pentagon’s highest award for extraordinary aerial achievement; four Bronze Stars, including one with a device signifying valor; 208 Air Medals, for especially noteworthy acts in flight; and 73 Meritorious Service Medals, for heroism or similarly significant accomplishments.

Hundreds more airmen to receive medals for roles in Kabul evacuation
The announcement marks the largest batch of awards to date for the airmen who participated in Operation Allies Refuge.
By Rachel S. Cohen
Most of the decorations denote involvement in combat.

The awards honor the airmen’s “highest-caliber bravery and tenacity” during the largest evacuation of noncombatants in Air Force history, spokesperson 1st Lt. Peyton Craven said.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/12/21/kabul-evacuation-yields-awards-for-hundreds-more-mobility-airmen/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Kabul evacuation yields awards for hundreds more mobility airmen
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 03:17:13 pm »
Kabul has probably produced more medals than the Battle of the Bulge! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson