Author Topic: ‘Discipline’ is the new ‘people first’ atop Army leaders’ agendas  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Discipline’ is the new ‘people first’ atop Army leaders’ agendas
By Davis Winkie
 Thursday, Dec 21

The new year will prove the first full calendar year with the Army’s two new senior leaders at the helm, and if the early portions of their respective tenures are any indication, “discipline” is the service’s new watchword.

Gen. Randy George, who was confirmed as the Army’s chief of staff in September 2023, professes four top priorities: warfighting, continuous transformation, strengthening the profession and delivering ready combat formations. Underpinning many of those efforts is a promised re-emphasis on standards and discipline, the latter of which has already proved a major focus for Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Weimer, who became the service’s top NCO in August 2023.

With four focus areas and four-stars to lead them, Gen. Randy George expects to ready the Army for a new era of global threats.
By Todd South

Weimer told Army Times in October that units are built on the discipline of their individual soldiers, who in turn receive their cues from noncommissioned officers. At the Association of the U.S. Army’s annual conference that month, Weimer announced the service is developing a new digital “blue book” designed to arm leaders with up-to-date information to assist them with instilling discipline. The application is expected to begin beta testing in fall 2024.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/12/21/discipline-replaces-people-first-atop-army-leaders-agendas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Does "discipline" equal woke indoctrination? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson