Author Topic: Migrant families brace for eviction from NYC shelters as nearly 20K other asylum-seekers are flown e  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant families brace for eviction from NYC shelters as nearly 20K other asylum-seekers are flown elsewhere
By Social Links forJack Morphet , Social Links forCraig McCarthy and Social Links forEmily Crane
Published Dec. 18, 2023, 1:26 p.m. ET

Thousands of migrant families are bracing to be evicted from their New York City shelter next month under a 60-day-limit rule — while the Big Apple has already flown nearly 20,000 other asylum-seekers elsewhere.

About 3,500 migrant families with children have been warned that after the first of the year, they will have to clear out of the city-run shelter where they’ve been staying and haul their kids and belongings to a Manhattan intake center to reapply for a new spot, thanks to Mayor Eric Adams’ directive in October that requires them to make the move every 60 days.

“The truth is, I don’t know where we’ll go,” said Bianca Guzman, a single mom of four from Venezuela, to The Post on Monday outside the Row Hotel-turned-migrant-shelter in Midtown Manhattan, where she and her kids are staying.

“It is bad to leave because the weather is so cold,” the 32-year-old mother added of her looming eviction, which was originally slated for the day after Christmas.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/18/metro/migrant-families-brace-for-eviction-from-nyc-shelters-under-60-day-limit/
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 02:16:38 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson