Author Topic: BREAKING....Thread 9...Israel At War...OPERATION SWORDS OF IRON  (Read 66631 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: BREAKING....Thread 9...Israel At War...OPERATION SWORDS OF IRON
« Reply #825 on: March 26, 2024, 11:05:07 pm »
It's been 57 years of fighting with half measures.  The US is probably the main reason they never fight to a definitive conclusion.  We never do.

I respectfully disagree @Cyber Liberty   

« Reply #826 on: March 26, 2024, 11:06:57 pm »
The fact that no Arab / Muslim Middle East country wants to take in Palestinian / Gaza refugees tells you a lot.

What does it tell us? @DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #827 on: March 27, 2024, 12:10:12 am »
Netanyahu has been spoiling for a fight with the US. He may not survive this one
The Guardian, Mar 26, 2024

How do you gaslight an entire nation about a war and then try to do the same to a superpower that is your ally? And how do you turn a just war into global isolation and widespread condemnation? Just ask Benjamin Netanyahu. He has the patent.

Netanyahu has been deliberately and intently seeking a confrontation with the US ever since late October. The UN security council resolution 2728, demanding an “immediate ceasefire”, is just the latest pretext for this premeditated showdown. This may sound counterintuitive and imprudent to you, given that the two countries are close allies, given Israel’s heavy reliance on US military aid and its diplomatic umbrella, and particularly given President Biden’s sweeping and unwavering support for Israel since the 7 October catastrophe.

But Netanyahu has two reasons to instigate such a confrontation. The first is pure gaslighting on a grand scale. He concocted a narrative that supposedly explains the war’s context and consequently absolves him from the responsibility and accountability he persistently refuses to assume. It also distracts from his stated policy of imploring Qatar to funnel more funds to Gaza to strengthen Hamas, all in order to weaken the Palestinian Authority and render any political negotiations impossible.

[...]

The second reason is more current and practical: the confrontation is about setting up Biden as the scapegoat for Netanyahu’s failure to achieve “total victory” or “the eradication of Hamas”, two fortune cookie-type slogans that he spews regularly.

The security council resolution demanding an immediate ceasefire, adopted by 14 members with the US abstaining, puts Israel on a double collision course: with the UN security council but more critically, with the US. Netanyahu’s sanctimonious tantrums about how “surprised” he was and how the US abstention is a departure from policy that would prevent victory is mendacious. He was warned repeatedly by the Biden administration that this would be an inevitable outcome if he persisted with his endless recalcitrance, defiance and effective refusal to engage with the US, ostensibly Israel’s staunch ally and protector.

More:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/26/benjamin-netanyahu-joe-biden-un-security-council-resolution-ceasefire-gaza

« Reply #828 on: March 27, 2024, 12:16:47 am »
'Madness’: Netanyahu’s handling of US relations under scrutiny after UN vote
The Guardian, Mar 26, 2024

The Israeli prime minister’s handling of relations with the Biden administration, which led the US on Monday to decline to veto a ceasefire resolution at the UN security council, has been greeted by sharp criticism by Israeli commentators.

After the US abstention, prominent columnists across the Israeli media condemned Benjamin Netanyahu’s growing friction with the US president, Joe Biden.

While Netanyahu, who has faced plummeting public approval ratings since Hamas’s surprise 7 October attack on southern Israel, has long been a target for a large section of Israel’s commentariat, the tone in some quarters after the rare US abstention in the security council bordered on derision and contempt.

Driving the sentiment is the vivid awareness within Israeli society of the huge importance of the US-Israeli relationship in terms of financial aid, arms sales and Washington’s diplomatic support, including its frequently used veto on Israel’s behalf on the security council.

The security council vote is a significant moment – but the US says its Gaza policy is unchanged.

Washington’s decision not to use its veto came after a weekend in which US officials say they spoke non-stop to Israeli counterparts warning them in advance, suggesting that Netanyahu’s decision to cancel a visit by a delegation to the US in the aftermath of the vote was more calculated theatre than the result of surprise.

More:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/26/benjamin-netanyahu-handling-us-relations-un-israel-gaza-ceasefire-vote

« Reply #829 on: March 27, 2024, 12:52:11 am »
Some historical context:

Two dramatic things happened on Monday, neither quite unprecedented by itself but uniquely striking in their back-to-back timing.

First, the United States did not veto but rather abstained from—and thus allowed to pass—a U.N. Security Council resolution calling for an “immediate ceasefire” in the war on Gaza.

It wasn’t the first time the United States has turned away from its usual practice of protecting Israel by vetoing resolutions that criticized the country. In fact, every president from Richard Nixon to Barack Obama abstained at least once on resolutions condemning Israel—Ronald Reagan did so seven times—for expanding settlements, invading Lebanon, permitting the murder of Palestinians, or other crimes and malfeasances.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2024/03/why-netanyahu-really-canceled-his-visit-to-washington.html

Online libertybele

« Reply #830 on: March 27, 2024, 12:55:47 am »
The fact that no Arab / Muslim Middle East country wants to take in Palestinian / Gaza refugees tells you a lot.

Absolutely.  They aren't wanted.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #831 on: March 27, 2024, 12:57:01 am »
Israel was 100% out of Gaza on October 6th.

If Hamas didn't want Israel in Gaza, they shouldn't have launched their October 7th terrorist attack against the Israeli civilian population.

8888crybaby 8888crybaby
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #832 on: March 27, 2024, 02:09:12 am »

If it is explained to you, obviously you will deny and disagree, so what IS the point, really, WrongInVirginia?

Little 9-year-old Middle Eastern girl in hajib, crying:  "I have to marry a fifty year old man!"

Friend next to her in hajib, same age:  "Please, bitch. I have to blow myself up tomorrow morning."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 02:11:07 am by ChemEngrMBA »
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #833 on: March 27, 2024, 03:04:01 am »
It tells us that other Arab Muslim nations view Palestinians as a politically destablizing presence in their countries.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

« Reply #834 on: March 27, 2024, 03:10:03 am »

If it is explained to you, obviously you will deny and disagree, so what IS the point, really, WrongInVirginia?

Little 9-year-old Middle Eastern girl in hajib, crying:  "I have to marry a fifty year old man!"

Friend next to her in hajib, same age:  "Please, bitch. I have to blow myself up tomorrow morning."

Your post doesn't explain why Arab/Muslim countries don't want to accept Palestinian refugees @ChemEngrMBA

Please, try again.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #835 on: March 27, 2024, 03:17:05 am »

Seems to me that even Muslim countries reject 'Palestinian' refugees because as a group they are considered radical and extreme jihadists.

Similar reasoning why I wouldn't want to live in a cul-de-sac filled with all radical, militant Never Trumpers.

I mean how much fun would it be to have @roamer_1 on one side and @Hoodat on the other.

One would have goats and chickens running loose and the other would have giant Ukrainian flags flying.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #836 on: March 27, 2024, 03:20:53 am »
It tells us that other Arab Muslim nations view Palestinians as a politically destablizing presence in their countries.

I agree with this.  It's not a judgement of the worth of the people, but the chaos they could bring, especially to other regional relationships.   This sentiment is not unlike Western governments turning away Jewish refugees in the late 1930s --- nothing more, nothing less.

Further proof, if we need it, that war is hell.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #837 on: March 27, 2024, 03:26:50 am »
I agree with this.  It's not a judgement of the worth of the people, but the chaos they could bring, especially to other regional relationships.   This sentiment is not unlike Western governments turning away Jewish refugees in the late 1930s --- nothing more, nothing less.

Further proof, if we need it, that war is hell.
Y'all seem to be forgetting that the governments there are inherently tribal.

It took tribal conflict to keep enemies out, they aren't about to invite them in. (unlike the stupid MFers in our government)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #838 on: March 27, 2024, 07:09:10 pm »
Similar reasoning why I wouldn't want to live in a cul-de-sac filled with all radical, militant Never Trumpers.

I mean how much fun would it be to have @roamer_1 on one side and @Hoodat on the other.

First of all, I am not a #NeverTrumper.  I'm #NeverLiberal.  Been telling you this for eight years now, and you still get it wrong.

Secondly, @roamer_1 and I do disagree from time to time.  Take the Eagles, for example.  I rightly know that they suck, while Roamer mistakenly believes their music to be pleasing to the ear.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #839 on: March 27, 2024, 07:40:05 pm »
BREAKING: Israel agrees to reschedule delegation visit to the White House after last minute cancelation - ABC— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) March 27, 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #840 on: March 27, 2024, 08:47:39 pm »
First of all, I am not a #NeverTrumper.  I'm #NeverLiberal.  Been telling you this for eight years now, and you still get it wrong.

@Hoodat

That's right - Me too.

Secondly, @roamer_1 and I do disagree from time to time.  Take the Eagles, for example.  I rightly know that they suck, while Roamer mistakenly believes their music to be pleasing to the ear.

Heathen.  *****rollingeyes*****

:silly: :beer: :seeya:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #841 on: March 27, 2024, 08:51:45 pm »

One would have goats and chickens running loose and the other would have giant Ukrainian flags flying.

By the way, my kind wouldn't be caught dead living in a cul-de-sac. And you'd flat die trying to live where I do. So you're functioning in fantasy, @DCPatriot

@Hoodat is a different thing. He'd likely be welcome where I go.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #842 on: March 28, 2024, 12:20:16 pm »
As Israel Eyes Last Hamas Stronghold, Experts Urge Biden to Support Netanyahu

The Post & Email by Family Research Council 3/27/2024

Over the weekend, the Biden administration ratcheted up its rhetoric against Israel’s fight against the terrorist group Hamas, as Vice President Kamala Harris declared that there could be “consequences” for Israel if it invades the southernmost Gazan city of Rafah, which remains the last major stronghold of Hamas. Experts and lawmakers say that despite the difficult situation in Rafah, where hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees are encamped, the U.S. must support Israel’s military efforts to rid Gaza of Hamas in the wake of the terrorist group’s October 7 atrocities.

As opposition to Israel has grown within some segments of the Democratic Party’s voter base, prominent Democrats such as Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) have vocalized an increasingly hard-edged position against Israel in recent weeks, with Schumer calling for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to step down on March 14. Secretary of State Antony Blinken continued the drumbeat last week, saying that a failed U.S.-led U.N. resolution calling for a ceasefire tied to the release of Israeli hostages held by Hamas was meant to create “a sense of urgency.”

But dissent from within the Democratic ranks on the party’s stance against Israel appears to be growing. On Sunday, Senator John Fetterman (D-Pa.) responded unequivocally to Vice President Harris’s remarks that a Rafah invasion would be a “huge mistake” and that the Biden administration would not rule out consequences against Israel if it moved forward. “Hard disagree,” Fetterman wrote on X. “Israel has the right to prosecute Hamas to surrender or to be eliminated. Hamas owns every innocent death for their cowardice hiding behind Palestinian lives.”

Last Friday, Lela Gilbert, a senior fellow for International Religious Freedom at Family Research Council who spent 10 years living in Israel, joined “Washington Watch” to discuss the current status of Israel’s war against Hamas and the Biden administration’s response to it.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2024/03/27/as-israel-eyes-last-hamas-stronghold-experts-urge-biden-to-support-netanyahu/

Online Hoodat

« Reply #843 on: March 28, 2024, 05:48:20 pm »

Can you say 'Black September'??  It tells us that these Arab countries know that the Palestinians are nothing but trouble and are a threat to their peace and security .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #844 on: March 29, 2024, 12:54:47 am »

DOD in early talks to fund a peacekeeping force in Gaza

Politico
By ALEXANDER WARD, LARA SELIGMAN and JOSEPH GEDEON
03/28/2024

Biden administration officials are in preliminary “conversations” about options for stabilizing post-war Gaza, including a proposal for the Pentagon to help fund either a multinational force or a Palestinian peacekeeping team.

The options being considered would not involve U.S. troops on the ground, according to two Defense Department officials and two other U.S. officials, all granted anonymity to discuss the closed-door diplomatic and military negotiations. Instead, DOD funding would go toward the needs of the security force and complement assistance from other countries.

Asked for comment, a senior administration official said “we are working with partners on various scenarios for interim governance and security structures in Gaza once the crisis recedes,” declining to detail specifics. “We’ve had a number of conversations with both the Israelis and our partners about key elements for the day after in Gaza when the time is right.”

(more)
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/28/dod-in-early-talks-to-fund-a-peacekeeping-force-in-gaza-00149547
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #845 on: March 29, 2024, 01:08:56 am »
a Palestinian peacekeeping team
Isn't that like cognitive dissonance? Or maybe just plain stupid?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #846 on: March 29, 2024, 01:26:32 am »
Isn't that like cognitive dissonance? Or maybe just plain stupid?
This is Biden/Obama/UN making sure that no matter what happens, Hamas will keep Gaza.
They want a force to kick Israel out of Gaza and move the terrorists back in.
Biden/Obama/UN worst fear is that Israel will actually do what they say and win the war in Gaza.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #847 on: April 01, 2024, 11:42:58 am »
Indians Set to Replace Palestinian Workers From Gaza/West Bank in Israeli Jobs After October 7 Massacre

Legal Insurrection by  Vijeta Uniyal  4/1/2024

Jerusalem Post: “Thousands of laborers are expected to work in the embattled construction sector, which relied almost exclusively on Palestinian workers before the war.”

“An influx of Indian workers is expected to arrive in Israel in the coming weeks as part of an effort to overcome a labor shortage due to the Israel-Hamas war,” the Jerusalem Post reported earlier this month, “Thousands of laborers are expected to work in the embattled construction sector, which relied almost exclusively on Palestinian workers before the war.”

The replacement of workforce from Gaza and the West Bank is matter of Israel’s national secutiry. Evidence suggests that Hamas misused Israel’s work permit program to carry out reconnaissance on bordering Jewish communities ahead of the attack. Several of the terrorists who entered Israel on October 7 were holders of work-permits and had intimate knowledge of the security measures in place.

Israel’s government-backed agency, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), conducted recruitment drives in several Indian states. Jerusalem is looking for skilled workers, such as plumbers, electricians and masons, along with agricultural and constructions workers.-----

Modi government defies left-wing trade unions, takes credit for Israeli recruitment drive

India’s Marxist-led workers unions, which otherwise despise India’s Hindu Nationalist government, urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to ‘scrap’ any agreement to send Indians workers to Israel.

Left-wing unions “questioned the [New Delhi’s] proposed move to send about [one hundred thousand] Indian construction workers to Israel to replace Palestinian nationals working there,” Indian newspaper The Hindu reported November 11. “They alleged that the [Indian] government is playing a despicable role in supporting the Israeli plans to throw out Palestinian workers and retaliation for the Hamas attack is only an excuse.”

The appeal by the leftist unions will have little impact on the government’s decision. India’s largest trade union, with 10 million members, is a right-wing workers body aligned with Prime Minister Modi’s party.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/04/indians-set-to-replace-palestinian-workers-from-gaza-west-bank-in-israeli-jobs-after-october-7-massacre/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #848 on: April 01, 2024, 03:53:12 pm »
send about [one hundred thousand] Indian construction workers to Israel to replace Palestinian nationals working there,”

Now there is a great replacement right there. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #849 on: April 01, 2024, 04:17:12 pm »

OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
According to Syrian Officials which have spoken to Reuters, Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Zahedi the Top Commander of the IRGC’s Quds Forces in Syria and Lebanon is Confirmed to have been Killed as a result of the Israeli Airstrike this morning against the Iranian Embassy Compound in the Syrian Capital of Damascus.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley