Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 373042 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #3900 on: June 25, 2024, 06:55:54 pm »
Indeed it has.  King Charles has cancer, Princess Catherine is recovering from surgery and undergoing preventative cancer treatment

"Preventive cancer treatment" is a bit of a misnomer. ---  Lab results from tissue samples taken during surgery confirmed the presence of cancer cells.  Chemotherapy, the next treatment step, is being administered to destroy cancer cells the surgery may have missed, and any that may have already spread to other parts of the body.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Nonpartisan hack
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3901 on: June 26, 2024, 02:09:43 am »
Princess Anne Suffering Memory Loss, Remains Hospitalized After Horse 'Incident': Report

https://people.com/princess-anne-suffering-memory-loss-remains-hospitalized-horse-incident-report-8668809
I don't know if there is a proven link between head trauma and Alzheimer's, but there is at least some circumstantial evidence.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3902 on: June 26, 2024, 08:52:53 pm »
Princess Anne's husband reveals his wife is 'recovering slowly' after being rushed to hospital with concussion
Princess Anne's husband has provided an update on his wife's health as she remains in hospital recovering from a concussion suspected to have been caused by a strike to the head by a horse, as he hints she may not be discharged any time soon.
Adriana Mageros
June 27, 2024 - 6:30AM

Story at Sky News AU
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org
---------------
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3903 on: June 29, 2024, 01:15:23 pm »
ESPN is honoring the Harry formerly known as Prince with the Pat Tillman award for service at the ESPYs, citing his work with the Invictus Games. Former NFL player Pat McAfee has some thoughts.
---------------
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3904 on: July 05, 2024, 12:35:20 pm »
King Charles, Queen Camilla, Prince William and Prince Edward Appear in New Official Portrait

The royal family has issued a new official portrait in honor of Scotland's Royal Week.

On Wednesday, July 3, King Charles, Queen Camilla, Prince William and Prince Edward posed for a new royal photograph after taking part in the Order of the Thistle Service at St. Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh.

The service was part of the 2024 Royal Week in Scotland—a particularly special occasion this year since both Queen Camilla and Prince Edward were officially welcomed into the Order of the Thistle during the proceedings, People reported at the time.

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/king-charls-queen-camilla-prince-william-prince-edward-portrait/

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3905 on: July 05, 2024, 04:10:33 pm »
I love the video (@link)-- especially Louis!  He is such a cutie.

Kate Middleton Dancing Video Goes Viral and I Totally Get Why

There’s nothing quite like a little music and dancing to get yourself into a good mood, but who knew watching someone else dance could have the same effect? Well, that’s exactly the vibe a viral video of Kate Middleton dancing gives off.

In the video, which was shared to TikTok by a royal family fan account, clips of the Princess of Wales show her in a long, flowy blue and white dress as she sashays her way around, shuffling her arms back and forth as she smiles and laughs.

The clip, which is set to ABBA’s “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!,” has amassed nearly 150K likes and 1.4 million views since being posted on June 24.......

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kate-middleton-dancing-video-goes-150000008.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• The Conservative Rapscallion of the Carp Kingdom
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3906 on: July 05, 2024, 05:44:00 pm »
300 years of the Royals sucking up to the Scots, and I still bet that 6 in 10 there want independence.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3907 on: July 14, 2024, 02:36:42 pm »
The Prince and Princess of Wales
@KensingtonRoyal
Great to be back at @Wimbledon!
There's nothing quite like The Championships 🎾

9:48 AM · Jul 14, 2024

https://twitter.com/Motabhai012/status/1812488534021771419
---------------
― George Orwell, 1984

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3908 on: July 15, 2024, 02:19:10 am »
Does she seem even thinner than usual? 😐
---------------
― George Orwell, 1984

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3909 on: July 15, 2024, 02:55:52 am »
 :hands:  What a fantastic welcome she got from the crowd!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #3910 on: July 15, 2024, 01:24:34 pm »
Does she seem even thinner than usual? 😐

She sure does. Praying for her health.
Behold Him there, the risen Lamb!
My perfect, spotless Righteousness;
the great unchangeable I AM,
the King of glory and of grace!
One with Himself I cannot die;
my soul is purchased with His blood;
my life is hid with Christ on high,
with Christ my Savior and my God!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3911 on: July 15, 2024, 02:32:37 pm »
I'm just glad she was able to make it.  It's a lovely tradition.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3912 on: July 26, 2024, 12:13:33 pm »
Meghan Markle preparing to 'drop another bomb' on Royal Family as Sussexes face 'permanent decline'
'The future for the Sussexes is pretty grim,' Tom Bower warned
 By James Saunders
Published: 26/07/2024 - 13:00
GB News
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been accused of "dropping bombs" on the Royal Family "whenever they need to stoke their reputation" in a scathing attack from royal biographer Tom Bower.

In a week which has seen Harry claim he will "not bring Meghan Markle back to the UK", Bower predicted that the exiled couple faced a "grim" future away from the Royal Family - and issued a warning that Meghan could deploy a "silent weapon".  ...

And the biographer drew attention to Meghan's own planned literary adventures, hinting that the Duchess of Sussex could join the duke in releasing a stinging memoir of her own.

Speaking to the Sun, Bower added: "We're still waiting for Meghan's own autobiography, which I'm sure she's penning - she's a good writer, and it will be filled with vitriol and filled with lies.  ...
What a miserable person she must be.
---------------
― George Orwell, 1984