Author Topic: What does the 2024 election mean for troops at the Mexico border?  (Read 462 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What does the 2024 election mean for troops at the Mexico border?
By Davis Winkie
 Wednesday, Dec 20

As the 2024 election cycle goes into full swing, Republican presidential hopefuls and sitting politicians are ramping up their rhetoric about their military plans for the U.S.-Mexico border.

The politicians argue that military force — effectively doubling down on the War on Drugs within the borders of America’s largest trading partner — can help stem the flow of synthetic opioid drugs like fentanyl. Such drugs killed more than 70,000 Americans in 2021, according to government data.

In recent months, former president Donald Trump, the likely GOP nominee, and his longshot rivals — including former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley, Florida Gov. Ron Desantis, and businessman Vivek Ramaswamy — have all committed to using military force against drug cartels, with or without the Mexican government’s consent.

Trump’s campaign website states the former president intends to “impose a full naval embargo on the cartels” using Navy ships, in addition to deploying “special forces, cyber warfare, and other covert and overt actions” against the criminal organizations. Other proposals include drone and missile strikes, as well as special operations raids into Mexico.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/12/20/what-does-the-2024-election-mean-for-troops-at-the-mexico-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: What does the 2024 election mean for troops at the Mexico border?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 10:22:37 pm »
If the DCommunists win, nothing will change.

If by chance and luck Mr. Trump wins, we'll probably see "troops at the border".
Hopefully, a LOT of them.