Author Topic: Biden's broken borders, welfare, and America's coming collapse  (Read 221 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden's broken borders, welfare, and America's coming collapse
« on: December 25, 2023, 11:50:30 am »
December 23, 2023
Biden's broken borders, welfare, and America's coming collapse
By Andrea Widburg

America’s greatest economist ever was Milton Friedman. (Incidentally, the second greatest, a living treasure, is Thomas Sowell, who learned from Milton Friedman.) In an era before terrorists traveled across national borders, Friedman was a believer in the free movement of people. However, he was not a believer in giving immigrants welfare or votes, for he understood that combining these things would break the system. So, would it surprise you to know that a significant majority of people entering America under Biden’s illegal open border policy are on welfare?

Wall Street has always liked the idea of open borders because it sees people chasing jobs, thereby increasing wealth. A certain sector has also liked the idea of unlettered immigrants who can easily be exploited, but that’s another subject entirely.

Another group that likes open borders is leftists. As this UMinn professor made clear, they loath America, and a country without borders isn’t a country at all.

This is great for Biden because his illegal open border caters to both demographics, Wall Street and the hard left. It’s not often that you get a political two-fer quite like that.

Milton Friedman, who believed in the free flow of capital, also liked open borders. However, he had a very firm caveat: “It’s just obvious you can't have free immigration and a welfare state.” More than that, as Robert Rector explained (and Mitt Romney inartfully tried to explain, too), there’s a problem when those receiving welfare vote:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/12/bidens_broken_borders_welfare_and_americas_coming_collapse.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson