Author Topic: Must-read VDH tweet: 2023 Democrats the same as the 1861 Democrats  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 25, 2023
Must-read VDH tweet: 2023 Democrats the same as the 1861 Democrats
By Andrea Widburg

It’s Christmas Day, and I’m disinclined to write at any length, especially because I suspect most of you are doing something more pleasurable with your time than getting depressed about the state of politics in America today.

Having said that, I didn’t want the day to end without sharing with you a remarkable tweet that Victor Davis Hanson published yesterday, discussing the parallel behaviors of Democrats in 1861—behaviors that led to an extraordinarily violent civil war—and Democrats in 2023 who seem cavalierly unaware that it is possible to break a country and to do so quite badly.

Here’s the tweet:

https://twitter.com/VDHanson/status/1739039569365114924

The takeaway: The Confederates used the concept of state’s rights to sidestep the Constitution and impose totalitarian rule on their states. Today’s Democrats use the concept of “democracy” to sidestep the Constitution and impose totalitarian rule not only on their states but on America as a whole.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/12/mustread_vdh_tweet_2023_democrats_the_same_as_the_1861_democrats.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Must-read VDH tweet: 2023 Democrats the same as the 1861 Democrats
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 11:03:43 pm »
VDH:
"2023 Democrats the same as the 1861 Democrats"

Well, that's just fine with me.

Shouldn't we ENCOURAGE the demshevik states on both coasts to "secede" from the Heartland one more time?

Let them go.
Good riddance.
It will solve a lot of problems, and perhaps ensure that at least "the core" of the [former] USA can survive and prosper.

It's either going to be that, or demshevik total rule over all.
Those are your two choices.

Online corbe

Re: Must-read VDH tweet: 2023 Democrats the same as the 1861 Democrats
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 12:40:11 am »
   IMHO there are a lot more similarities than differences between LBJ and bidet, historically.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 12:41:08 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.