Author Topic: Two new missiles in the pipeline for longer-range Army fires  (Read 218 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Two new missiles in the pipeline for longer-range Army fires
« on: December 23, 2023, 04:25:08 pm »
Two new missiles in the pipeline for longer-range Army fires
By Todd South
 Dec 23, 07:00 AM

The Army is slated to have two new missile systems in soldiers’ hands in 2024.

The two missiles seek to solve a couple of distance problems for the service under its wider long-range precision fires modernization program.

The Precision Strike Missile, or PrSM, will cover ranges up to an estimated 300 miles and replace the legacy Army Tactical Missile System, or ATACMS, which can reach a maximum distance of about 190 miles. The Army is seeking to more than double that distance through an effort launched in February 2023 with Raytheon that will be part of the system’s Increment 4 development.

To give the Army the speed and reach that its leaders see as key to facing peer adversaries such as the Russian and Chinese militaries, the service is leaning on the development of an entirely new technology in the Long Range Hypersonic Weapon.

https://www.defensenews.com/news/your-army/2023/12/23/two-new-missiles-in-the-pipeline-for-longer-range-army-fires/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson