Author Topic: McConnell endorses Trump for president as Haley suspends campaign  (Read 593 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 McConnell endorses Trump for president as Haley suspends campaign
by Al Weaver - 03/06/24 10:29 AM ET

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Wednesday endorsed former President Trump’s bid for the White House, a turnaround in the icy relationship between two of the most prominent Republicans in the country.

McConnell unveiled the endorsement only after news broke that former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R), Trump’s final remaining opponent, was dropping out of the race following Trump’s big wins on Super Tuesday.

“It is abundantly clear that former President Trump has earned the requisite support of Republican voters to be our nominee for President of the United States. It should come as no surprise that as nominee, he will have my support,” McConnell said.

“During his Presidency, we worked together to accomplish great things for the American people including tax reform that supercharged our economy and a generational change of our federal judiciary – most importantly, the Supreme Court. I look forward to the opportunity of switching from playing defense against the terrible policies the Biden administration has pursued to a sustained offense geared towards making a real difference in improving the lives of the American people.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4509916-mcconnell-endorses-trump-for-president/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: McConnell endorses Trump for president as Haley suspends campaign
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 04:18:20 pm »
Wish the turdle would have at least the deceny to take the knives out of his back first.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 04:24:17 pm »
Wish the turdle would have at least the deceny to take the knives out of his back first.

Which knives, and in whose back?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 04:29:31 pm »
Which knives, and in whose back?

McConnell prob. sabotaged Trump's  legilsative agenda (including the good ones), than anyone else.  And again, I'm not a Trump fan, but I pretty much detest the RINO Turtle.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 08:43:20 pm »
 Trump thanks McConnell for his endorsement
by Jared Gans - 03/06/24 3:30 PM ET

Former President Trump thanked Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) for his endorsement in the presidential race on Wednesday, saying he looks forward to working together.

“Thank you, Mitch. I look forward to working with you and a Republican Senate MAJORITY to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!” Trump said in a post on Truth Social.

McConnell endorsed Trump’s bid to return to the White House following years in which the two did not speak in the aftermath of the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol insurrection. He made his announcement just after former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley, the last remaining major GOP opponent to Trump, dropped out of the race.

“It is abundantly clear that former President Trump has earned the requisite support of Republican voters to be our nominee for President of the United States. It should come as no surprise that as nominee, he will have my support,” McConnell said in the announcement.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4513717-trump-thanks-mcconnell-for-his-endorsement/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 05:15:31 am »
McConnell prob. sabotaged Trump's  legilsative agenda (including the good ones), than anyone else.  And again, I'm not a Trump fan, but I pretty much detest the RINO Turtle.

McConnell forced through Trump's judicial nominations at a record pace, and pushed through Trump's tax bill.  What specific bill do you think McConnell killed that otherwise would have passed?

I thought you might have been referring to Trump going after McConnell's wife.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2024, 02:28:19 pm »
The GOP is becoming a party of cuckolds for Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy