Author Topic: Professor Calls for Dismantling US: 'Greatest Predator Empire'  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Professor Calls for Dismantling US: 'Greatest Predator Empire'
« on: December 23, 2023, 11:22:44 am »

Professor Calls for Dismantling US: 'Greatest Predator Empire'
Story by Kaitlin Lewis  •
14h

A professor at the University of Minnesota (UMN) has sparked backlash online over her comments at a recent teach-in regarding the Israel-Hamas war, during which she said that the "goal" is to "dismantle the settler project that is the United States."

The professor, Dr. Melanie Yazzie, was speaking at a panel event hosted by The Red Nation, a Native American advocacy group "dedicated to the liberation of Native peoples from capitalism and colonialism," according to the group's website. Yazzie is a professor of American Indian Studies at UMN and co-founder of The Red Nation.

Several American universities have been caught in the middle of the growing tensions surrounding Israel's response to the Hamas attacks on October 7. Instances of antisemitism and Islamophobia have increased in recent months across the U.S., and pro-Palestinian and pro-Israeli groups have repeatedly clashed on college campuses, leading to the federal government's crackdown on how higher institutions are handling instances of discrimination.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/professor-calls-for-dismantling-us-greatest-predator-empire/ar-AA1lV1bJ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=50e191b39a7642ad9d52ada56e68384b&ei=27
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Professor Calls for Dismantling US: 'Greatest Predator Empire'
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 11:23:35 am »
This is a good example of the kind of garbage that infests higher education today. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson