Author Topic: No US troops injured in latest rocket strike at Iraq base  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No US troops injured in latest rocket strike at Iraq base
« on: December 22, 2023, 03:01:01 pm »

No US troops injured in latest rocket strike at Iraq base
By J.P. LAWRENCE 
STARS AND STRIPES • December 21, 2023

U.S. troops at a base in western Iraq once again came under rocket fire, military officials said Thursday, adding that the attack did not cause any injuries or damage.

The Wednesday morning attack on al Asad Air Base was carried out with a 122 mm rocket, a U.S. Central Command statement said.

Although officials didn’t name the suspects in the attack, Iraqi security forces seized a truck believed to have launched the rocket, the statement said.

Iranian-backed militias have launched dozens of attacks on U.S. troops at bases in Iraq and Syria since the start of a war between Israel and Hamas that American officials have worked to prevent from escalating into a regional conflict.

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/middle_east/2023-12-21/iraq-rocket-attack-12427765.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson