Author Topic: How Did a US Navy Warship Destroy a Houth-Fired 14-Drone Attack Swarm?  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How Did a US Navy Warship Destroy a Houth-Fired 14-Drone Attack Swarm?

US Arliegh Burke-class guided missile destroyer destroyed 14 unmanned aerial systems launched as a drone wave from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen.
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONUPDATED:DEC 18, 2023ORIGINAL:DEC 18, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

Electronic jamming, proximity fuses, interceptor missiles, deck-mounted guns, “area” weapons to blanket areas with protection and possibly even lasers are all possible reasons why the US Navy’s USS Carney destroy tracked, disabled or destroyed a small swarm of 14 enemy drones at one time.

A public statement from US Central Command says “in the early morning hours of December 16 (Sanna time) the US Arliegh Burke-class guided missile destroyer USS CARNEY (DDG 64), operating in the Red Sea, successfully engaged 14 unmanned aerial systems launched as a drone wave from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen.”

These attacks, which were defended by British warships as well, represent the latest escalation in a series of what appear to be Houthi-backed attacks on Israel, the US and non-military maritime commerce in the Red Sea.

The operational specifics of how this was accomplished are certain to be unavailable for security reasons, yet the successful combat performance of layered ship-defenses appears to show breakthrough progress in the area of ship-based radar, fire control, target tracking, precision and possible non-kinetic countermeasures. However it was accomplished, the defeat of a drone swarm in an operational setting not only protected US Navy sailors and ships aboard the USS Carney but also appears to have saved a number of commercial vessels transiting the Red Sea.

https://warriormaven.com/sea/how-did-a-us-navy-warship-destroy-a-houth-fired-14-drone-attack-swarm
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson