Author Topic: Joe Biden May Have 'Fostered' Family's Corruption, Legal Analyst Warns  (Read 370 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Joe Biden May Have 'Fostered' Family's Corruption, Legal Analyst Warns
Opinion by Gabe Whisnant
 •
1d

Legal analyst Jonathan Turley paints a stark picture of President Joe Biden and his family as corrupt "grifters" and "influence peddlers."

Turley, a professor of public interest law at the George Washington University Law School, said the Bidens are leaning into the "grifter defense" because it makes any alleged crimes or improper business dealings look less serious.

However, Turley told Newsweek, grifting is still corruption.

"If the president knew his family was engaged in 'influence peddling,' the president by definition is corrupt. The current defense doesn't have the legs to carry the president out of the scandal," Turley said via a telephone interview on Saturday. "Factually, it's becoming more difficult to see how the president wasn't aware of the influence peddling."

Throughout a recent column, Turley makes comparisons to lovable professor Harold Hill, the lead character in the movie, "The Music Man," who uses his charm to rip off townspeople, promising to train members of a new band.

"The Biden grifter defense is an effort to get the public to think less of the coked-up Henry Hill in 'Goodfellas' and more of the lovable professor Harold Hill in 'The Music Man,' the charming rascal ripping off hayseeds by selling marching bands," Turley writes. "The problem is that it is still corruption, and the President may have not only known about it but fostered it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/joe-biden-may-have-fostered-family-s-corruption-legal-analyst-warns/ar-AA1lX11X?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c1c16eee1d044ba8884177a126835962&ei=33
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Joe Biden May Have 'Fostered' Family's Corruption, Legal Analyst Warns
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 10:45:50 am »
Not too long ago this story would have been buried by the MSM. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson