Author Topic: Democrats and Media Deceptively Change Trump’s Word 'Retribution' to 'Revenge'  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats and Media Deceptively Change Trump’s Word 'Retribution' to 'Revenge'
By Richard McDonough

Retribution and revenge are different [in multiple ways]

--Harvard Summary of Oxford trained Princeton Philosopher Robert Nozick’s views on retribution

The latest misinformation that the Democrat “news”-media colluders (hereafter the DNC) to smear Donald Trump before the 2024 election is that Trump called for “revenge” for his political opponents if wins re-election in 2024.

Brett Samuels in The Hill says that “Trump signals he’s out for revenge in his second term.”  The Daily Mail and the left-wing The Guardian, both in the U.K., makes the same accusation.  Politico states that in a second term, Trump will be seeking revenge. Felon Michael Cohen, now a regular useful expert guest on CNN, stated to Jake Tapper that he could be the target of Trump’s revenge, to which Jake replied, “That has occurred to me too” (thereby admitting that his view of Trump is tainted by self-interest). The Washington Post, which used to be a newspaper, reports that Trump and his allies plot revenge” in his second term.  The Huffington Post announces that Trump “vows vengeance” against “vermin” in his second term.  CNN states ominously that in his second term Trump will use his justice department “for revenge.”  Kristen Welker, in what critical reasoning textbooks call a “complex” or “loaded” question fallacy, asks Rona McDaniel if Trump’s words “essentially make the Republican Party … ‘stand for revenge?”  One could cite many other examples but this should be sufficient.

Trump did not threaten revenge.  Rather than rely on deceptive summaries by DNC partisans consider Trump’s precise words.  In fact, a competent seventh grader, if the DNC can still find one, can easily verify that what Trump actually said at the Conservative Political Conference on March 4, 2023 was this:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/12/democrats_and_media_deceptively_change_trumps_word_retribution_to_revenge.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess the idea of reparations is actually revenge. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson