Author Topic: US Army to trim Black Hawk helicopter fleet  (Read 232 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army to trim Black Hawk helicopter fleet
« on: December 21, 2023, 02:56:11 pm »
US Army to trim Black Hawk helicopter fleet
By Jen Judson
 Dec 20, 02:58 PM

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Army is readying to trim its UH-60 Black Hawk utility helicopter fleet by nearly 8% as it prepares to field a replacement, Maj. Gen. Mac McCurry, the Army’s Aviation Center of Excellence commander, told Defense News in a recent interview.

The service plans to cut roughly 157 Black Hawks, or 7.5% of its total utility fleet, from its active-duty component. McCurry said the move is intended to help the Army optimize its current fleet while making room in the budget for the Black Hawk’s replacement, the Future Long-Range Assault Aircraft, or FLRAA, that will begin fielding in the early 2030s.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2023/12/20/us-army-to-trim-black-hawk-helicopter-fleet/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Army to trim Black Hawk helicopter fleet
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 02:57:07 pm »
The way the US is cutting everything military, it is fortunate China is doing the same! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 03:09:52 pm »
The way the US is cutting everything military, it is fortunate China is doing the same! *****rollingeyes*****

This doesn't exactly make me feel all warm and secure.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 10:49:07 pm »
Why "cut" the fleet until the replacement is tested, in production, and ready?

How does this make sense?