Author Topic: California Lt. Gov. calls for state to ‘explore every legal option’ to remove Trump from ‘24 ballot  (Read 363 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Here we go again ---

California Lt. Gov. calls for state to ‘explore every legal option’ to remove Trump from ‘24 ballot

A day after the Colorado Supreme Court disqualified former President Donald Trump from appearing on the state’s ballots in 2024, California Lieutenant Gov. Eleni Kounalakis is asking the Golden State’s Secretary of State to "explore every legal option" to do the same.

Kounalakis sent a letter to Secretary of State Shirley Weber, dated Wednesday, Dec. 20, and referencing Colorado’s recent ruling which stated Trump was ineligible to appear on the state’s ballot as a presidential candidate because of his role in "inciting an insurrection" on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

"This decision is about honoring the rule of law in our country and protecting the fundamental pillars of our democracy," Kounalakis, who launched a campaign to run for California governor in 2026, wrote. "Specifically, the Colorado Supreme Court held in Anderson v. Griswold (2023 CO 63) that Trump’s insurrection disqualifies him under section three of the Fourteenth Amendment to stand for presidential re-election. Because the candidate is ineligible, the court ruled, it would be a ‘wrongful act’ for the Colorado Secretary of State to list him as a candidate on that state’s presidential primary ballot."

The gubernatorial candidate told the Secretary of State that California "must stand on the right side of history," and is "obligated to determine" if the former president is ineligible to be on the ballot for the same reasons he was deemed ineligible in Colorado....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-lt-gov-calls-state-explore-every-legal-option-remove-trump-ballot
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online cato potatoe

This is not about the presidency.  She wants to get rid of 12 congressmen and the residual sane people in local office.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 07:44:19 am by cato potatoe »

Offline LMAO

This is not about the presidency.  She wants to get rid of 12 congressmen and the residual sane people in local office.

Watch them try to use this to disqualify even those who believe Trump won the 2020 election from from state ballots

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy