Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Says He Will Not Follow Ramaswamy’s Lead and Withdraw His Name from Colorado Ballot  (Read 715 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ron DeSantis Says He Will Not Follow Ramaswamy’s Lead and Withdraw His Name from Colorado Ballot

Kristina Wong 20 Dec 2023

Republican presidential candidate Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) said he will not follow fellow candidate Vivek Ramaswamy’s lead and voluntarily withdraw his name from the ballot in Colorado in protest of former President Donald Trump’s name being taken off the ballot.

In an interview on Newsmax, Ron DeSantis was asked if he would do the same.

He responded:

No, I think that’s just playing into the left. I think the case will get overturned by the Supreme Court, but I’ve qualified for all the ballots, I’m competing in all the states, and I’m going to accumulate the delegates necessary. That’s the whole name of the game in this situation, but I do anticipate that decision was political and will get reversed.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/20/ron-desantis-says-wont-withdraw-colorado-ballot/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Of course he shouldn't, and any demand that he should is ridiculous and disingenuous.  Why the hell should Trump's opponents remove their names from the ballot when that court's own order requires that his name remain on the ballot pending Supreme Court action?

How stupid do these Trumpers think we are??
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 04:37:35 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

It was Trump's RNC that forced the ballot on Colorado Republicans to begin with.  If they still had caucuses in place, the Dems wouldn't be able to interfere in their candidate selection process.

What DeSantis is saying here is to be patient and wait on SCOTUS.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

I’m sure that’s a rhetorical question, but theyd be more than happy to tell us.  *****rollingeyes*****
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
DeSantis has worked hard, is ethical and confident, so why would he remove his name? Ramsy is making a ridiculous move.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

DeSantis has worked hard, is ethical and confident, so why would he remove his name? Ramsy is making a ridiculous move.

It's not really a ridiculous move from Ramaswamy's perspective because he's just acting as Trump's goon anyway.  This is just a tactic for him to ingratiate himself to Trump by getting other Republican candidates removed from the ballot.

It's particularly ridiculous because the Colorado Supreme Court decision expressly says that Trump gets to stay on the ballot as long as there is an appeal before the Supreme Court.  In other words, those other candidates withdrawing from the ballot would mean that Trump would be the only Republican actually on the primary ballot. It's like a bad joke.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Oh WOW!!!   A twofer!  A doubleheader!

Pookies Toons and now THIS thread...on the same day!

Thanks for the laugh.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It's not really a ridiculous move from Ramaswamy's perspective because he's just acting as Trump's goon anyway.  This is just a tactic for him to ingratiate himself to Trump by getting other Republican candidates removed from the ballot.

It's particularly ridiculous because the Colorado Supreme Court decision expressly says that Trump gets to stay on the ballot as long as there is an appeal before the Supreme Court.  In other words, those other candidates withdrawing from the ballot would mean that Trump would be the only Republican actually on the primary ballot. It's like a bad joke.

Indeed; a Trump goon. Very little is known about him. Both of his parents are here ILLEGALLY. He's slick and does bring attention to some issues that are needed, however, I see him as O'Bammy 2.0.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

Vivek is playing this "I'm not really angling to be Trump's VP, no really" charade to the bitter end.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Swammy while I like his MSM stance and fight, is doing nothing more than a publicity stunt, and 99% of us, can see right through it.

Major's right.  Let the SCOTUS work this out. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 07:56:03 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Vivek is playing this "I'm not really angling to be Trump's VP, no really" charade to the bitter end.

Then Ronny's playing this "I'm not praying for the lawfare to work angling to move from third place to first, no really" charade to the bitter end.

Offline LMAO

They're hoping everybody is as ignorant as they are. 

Ignorant on economics, civics, facts.....
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Time, effort, and money were expended to get name(s) on the ballot.  It's a sunk cost.  To take name off ballot is a waste of campaign resources that can't be recovered.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Time, effort, and money were expended to get name(s) on the ballot.  It's a sunk cost.  To take name off ballot is a waste of campaign resources that can't be recovered.

Especially since Trump's name is going to be on that ballot as long as his attorneys bother to file an appeal to the Supreme Court.

Offline berdie

Vivek is grandstanding for whatever reason (chuckle).

The time to withdraw is not now since I have a hard time believing that this will stand. If the SCOTUS does allow this....that would be the time to protest.imho

Offline Hoodat

Vivek is grandstanding for whatever reason (chuckle).

The time to withdraw is not now since I have a hard time believing that this will stand. If the SCOTUS does allow this....that would be the time to protest.imho

Basically, the same thing DeSantis said.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-