Author Topic: Media Give Biden a Pass on Border Detention Facilities They Called 'Concentration Camps' Under Trump  (Read 284 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Media Give Biden a Pass on Border Detention Facilities They Called 'Concentration Camps' Under Trump

Drew Holden
December 19, 2023

The media for years savaged former president Donald Trump for holding migrants in detention facilities they compared to concentration camps. The same outlets are giving President Joe Biden a pass for flirting with the same facilities.

Biden, whom the media feted for supposedly undoing his predecessor's "harsh and extreme" immigration policies, could soon revive those policies to secure emergency funding for Ukraine in the Senate. One policy in particular stands out: forced detention, where those apprehended crossing the border are held in government facilities indefinitely for immigration violations. Democrats have acknowledged that the policies are reminiscent of those implemented under Trump.

But the media's Trump-era invective is nowhere to be found in reports on the Senate's negotiations, replaced with descriptions of a "compromise" and "major changes." The Washington Post called the proposed moves "restrictions," while NBC News praised Biden for his willingness to "take the heat" to "get the deal done." Only CNN mustered a bit of criticism, lamenting that Biden's openness to "stricter" policies "puts him at odds with key allies tasked with selling his reelection."

https://freebeacon.com/media/media-give-biden-a-pass-on-border-detention-facilities-they-called-concentration-camps-under-trump/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson