Author Topic: Biden Eulogizes Sandra Day O’Connor With Plea for Principles Over Politics  (Read 249 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Biden Eulogizes Sandra Day O’Connor With Plea for Principles Over Politics
Story by Lauren Camera  •
21h

At a moment when the legitimacy of the high court hangs in the balance and American democracy is quite literally on trial, the death of former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor – the first woman to be confirmed to the country’s highest court – prompted pleas for a return to a time when law and service and principle and justice outweighed politics and partisanship.

President Joe Biden, delivering O’Connor’s eulogy Tuesday at Washington National Cathedral, hailed her as “gracious and wise, civil and principled,” and “an American pioneer” who blazed a trail that opened the door to high-powered positions for women across the country.

Biden, who oversaw her confirmation in 1981 as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, noted that during her opening statement before the committee, O’Connor described the Supreme Court as “a body to which all Americans look for the ultimate protection of their rights. It’s the United States Supreme Court that we all turn when we seek that which we want most from our government – equal justice under law.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-eulogizes-sandra-day-o-connor-with-plea-for-principles-over-politics/ar-AA1lKuze?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=c36b6e7ba21043aece1a0f4b754ed64c&ei=50
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Biden Eulogizes Sandra Day O’Connor With Plea for Principles Over Politics

With Plea for Principles Over Politics

That is a real knee slapper coming from Biden! :mauslaff: :bigsilly:

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wish Joe could switch places with the Justice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.