Author Topic: Colorado Supreme Court rules Trump is disqualified from serving as president  (Read 6073 times)

Offline libertybele

They WILL stop him no matter what it takes but they might not like what results.

Of course they are going to try to stop him regardless of what they need to do -- you are correct the outcome is not going to be pretty.
All in all I thought Trump made a good president. I am no longer particularly fond of the guy, but what they are doing to him is just plain wrong!

As much as Trump slings mud at Cruz, Cruz still stands for what is right.  Ya gotta love the guy.  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Matt Couch
@RealMattCouch
·
36m
The Colorado Supreme Court ruling to keep a former President from running of office who hasn't been convicted of ANYTHING is the kind of government our founding fathers warned us about..

Buckle Up, Get some food, protect your families.. Chaos is coming.. God Help our Nation..

:bingo:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cernovich
@Cernovich
·
6m
Zelensky banned elections in Ukraine. Why wouldn’t his enablers do the same here.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brandon Straka
@BrandonStraka
·
26m
The RNC would like you to know that they take what happened to Trump in Colorado very seriously, and they intend to take the gloves off and fundraise tirelessly on this issue.
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

Does the United States Constitution give the Supreme Court, or any Federal institution, the power to rule who appears on state ballots for state elections for Federal office?

I believe is left up to the states and the supervisor of Elections, and now the CO Supreme Court has disqualified him as well.

How they can disqualify him when he has not been convicted of any crime is very concerning.

IF this makes it all the way to the SCOTUS, it will be interesting to see how they rule or if they even decide to hear the case.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

toddstarnes
@toddstarnes
·
12m
Someone might want to let the Colorado Supreme Court know that President Trump has not been convicted of insurrection. We are quickly heading towards a constitutional crisis. Every Republican must condemn this kangaroo court and its decision.

We've been in a Constitutional crisis ever since the SCOTUS refused to hear cases surrounding J6 and the stealing of elections.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The US Consitition is an agreement among the states and the people of the states to form a Government.

Does the Federal Government or the US Supreme Court have the power to decide for states and the people who is eligible to represent that state and its people in the Federal Government?

Does the Constitution explicity give the Federal Government the power to determine Constitutional eligibility to hold Federal office in representation of the states and the people?  If not, that power remains with the states and the people under the 10th Amendment.

Do the states and the people have the ability to enforce the eligibility requirements as they are enumerated in a contract among states and its people to form the Federal Government of which President and Vice-President are offices thereof?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

Brandon Straka
@BrandonStraka
·
26m
The RNC would like you to know that they take what happened to Trump in Colorado very seriously, and they intend to take the gloves off and fundraise tirelessly on this issue.

I'm not holding my breath; Ronna is useless.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joey Mannarino
@JoeyMannarinoUS
·
2m
Colorado claims to be the most pro-choice state in the union but that is only about their abortion laws.

They will allow you to kill a baby in the womb in the ninth month of pregnancy, but you can’t choose your own candidate for President.
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

The US Consitition is an agreement among the states and the people of the states to form a Government.

Does the Federal Government or the US Supreme Court have the power to decide for states and the people who is eligible to represent that state and its people in the Federal Government?

Does the Constitution explicity give the Federal Government the power to determine Constitutional eligibility to hold Federal office in representation of the states and the people?  If not, that power remains with the states and the people under the 10th Amendment.

Do the states and the people have the ability to enforce the eligibility requirements as they are enumerated in a contract among states and its people to form the Federal Government of which President and Vice-President are offices thereof?

From my understanding each state has their own laws regarding elections and as long as they are in compliance with federal laws the states cannot be overruled. 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'm sure the RNC will fundraise off this, but do little else.

Brandon Straka
@BrandonStraka
·
26m
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Frank Luntz
@FrankLuntz
·
45m
Colorado has just proven Trump's theory true that he's the victim of political persecution

His poll numbers won't drop.
On the contrary, they will rise. 📈
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joey Mannarino
@JoeyMannarinoUS
·
1m
I would love to ask Biden how he feels about Colorado making it easier for him to win in 2024.

If he’s a MAN, he should be disgusted by what they did.

If he’s a bleep, then he’s probably creaming in his depends.

I guessing option 2.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is the upper left one a "they"?

Im not sure what that is... :smokin:
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

https://twitter.com/JesseBWatters/status/1737279527431139688

This isn't exactly the same issue but just recently:

In a major election-law decision, the Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday that although the Constitution gives state legislatures the power to regulate federal elections, state courts can supervise the legislature’s exercise of that power. By a vote of 6-3, the court rejected the so-called “independent state legislature theory,” holding that the North Carolina Supreme Court did not violate the Constitution when it set aside a congressional map adopted by the state’s legislature.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2023/06/supreme-court-rules-against-north-carolina-republicans-over-election-law-theory/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Is the upper left one a "they"?

That is a follower of Rachel Maddow.  Founder of the Yhop.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Leading Report
@LeadingReport
·
5m
BREAKING: Lawyer and assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland, Ty Cobb, told CNN he predicts the Supreme Court will overturn the Colorado ruling 9-0 very quickly.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stephen Miller
@StephenM
·
3m
Mass censorship. Intelligence coups. Imprisoning dissidents. Election interference. And now, removing Trump from the ballot.

Democrats have declared war on Democracy.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
👑 Mαχιмυs Knιgнт♞
@Maximus_4EVR
·
7m
FYI Guess which Supreme Court Justice has the Circuit Assignment (oversight) for Colorado?

Neil Gorsuch.
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

Leading Report
@LeadingReport
·
5m
BREAKING: Lawyer and assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland, Ty Cobb, told CNN he predicts the Supreme Court will overturn the Colorado ruling 9-0 very quickly.

Just a note: Disqualification lawsuits relating to Trump's appearance on the ballot are pending in 13 states, including Texas, Nevada and Wisconsin.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colorado-supreme-court-disqualifies-trump-2024-ballot

Offline LMAO

We'll see what happens with all this but voting for someone based on an emotional reaction is a poor way to choose a president
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy