Author Topic: Ultra-left NYC Council pretends there’s no migrant crisis — and unlimited money  (Read 262 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Ultra-left NYC Council pretends there’s no migrant crisis — and unlimited money
Opinion by Vickie Paladino
 •
12h

An uninitiated observer who walked into the City Council budget last week may have thought he landed on an alien planet, whose inhabitants’ survival depends solely on Sunday library hours and composting.

Apparently, this alien New York City is not facing a budget crisis, and even if it was, it would have absolutely, positively nothing to do with the fact that its taxpayers have been footing the bill to house, feed and provide every service imaginable for more than 150,000 migrants over the past two years.

This hearing was definitely not held in the New York City where most of us live.

Because, in our New York City, we are currently staring down a multi-billion-dollar deficit while our streets are falling into disorder, our infrastructure crumbles, our social safety net is collapsing, and our frontline workers are stretched beyond their limits.

In our New York City, we are spending more taxpayer money to care for foreign nationals than we are on the annual budgets of the NYPD, FDNY and Department of Sanitation, combined.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ultra-left-nyc-council-pretends-there-s-no-migrant-crisis-and-unlimited-money/ar-AA1lHzDC?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9b983df9353e424c81171cbd23dd8837&ei=160
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
What makes this particular piece interesting is the source from which it came...